Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

tf2 Delete Me Pls

Consuela

Primary problems Mic spam. Leading is difficult, hearing orders is difficult. Thus everyone has less fun. Freekilling without appropriate consequences

Any time I am in the server I see players muted for micspam/tlaking over lead as well as I do mute players for that reason. You could argue that their arent enough admins, but im sure more people bought admin back then as well.

a) Admins are not properly trained.

Admins arent forced to use their admin. Its a perk not a responsibility.

Now, admins (I am talking about mods and supervisors as well) would rather just !mute all, for 10/30s

Players should only use this command if players on both teams are mic spamming and their are to many players speaking to find the one responsible.

****this is the primary reason why the server is not ran well.
This CANNOT be the primary reason. Mainly because players talking over lead doesnt extremely hurt the server, yes it is an inconvenience but it does not KILL the server unless one player with no admins on is constantly screaming over the mic. I hardly ever see someone go HELLO every time the lead talks.
I find that most admins/mods/supervisors really don't care. I cannot count the times i've been FKed during LR with multiple supervisors/mods present, and nothing is done about it.

As a mod and ex staff member: We do care about how the server is moderated and I have many hours moderating this server. If we dont see it we cant take action, record a demo and post it and be constructive to the server. It starts with you guys. Edit: I hate this concern from people moreso because people need to realize what the fuck we are doing in jailbreak. We are GAMING. To have FUN. We(moderator+) have been given the opportunity because we moderate well. Just because we are moderators doesnt mean we arent allowed to have fun. I am not looking 100% of the time for freekillers, I am however guaranteeing myself that I am going to have fun.

Admins are scared of doing the wrong thing. We are so blindly told Warn->Slay-> tlock -> tlist that admins are scared to skip a step.

lol I skip steps all the time, in cases which I feel steps need to be skipped for example when someone shoots stack I tlist. If someone kills 3-4 people I tlist instead of tlock. I do the wrong thing all the time, and if I mess up I own up to it.

the report system. Let's face it. This shit doesn't work. It's more of a hassle than a benefit.

This is the holy grail of commands. This command is extremely useful and if you use it correctly it is very helpful. Since no one likes ill tell you how I use it. I play jailbreak alot so I know who is bullshitting reports and who is not. I use those players reports to know who to watch. Also if a report is constructed well and not "retard freekilled meh fam" I will go off it. I use this and if their are more than one report on a user I follow up on it in spectate. So yes, the command DOES help.

Of course, I would gladly volunteer to be a mod

Join HG. You seem responsible in game and should have no issues getting into HG.

This wasnt meant to be rude/sarcastic. These are honest replies to each fault you found in our jailbreak server.

Edited by Burnt
  • Like 7