Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Nerfing Zs_Infirmary

Old Bill

After playing zs_infirmary for many times, i've noticed something that happens often especially when the population is low which is (Great wall of cade)

This:

29CJDuQ.jpg

lickv2M.jpg

rhpqbyV.jpg

humans can make this cade in no time especially when the population is low then humans get free win, because this cade is very hard to beat.

so i made a solution!

and it is zs_infirmary_v1, it has less props, one more vent for zombies plus some lighting to guide new zombies where to go, because some new zombies lose and don't know where the vent is, and added a new room

to be honest i haven't made that much of changes because the map is already cool enough

The New Room

9bcjeWq.jpg

The New Vent

j9GBtzI.jpg

DbSxCAZ.jpg

Screenshots of Zombies Spawn:

D27m5Ub.jpg

oFZKLEL.jpg

qbyjsIr.jpg

wwPTExh.jpg

0Rl3WWa.jpg

And most importantly, i have taken permission from Stelk

XMGSFMg.jpg

nodyxGJ.png

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3_YlHgb5XyuOVdFaUNxbDhiZ2c/view?usp=sharing

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

looks like some good map modifications!

the main issue with this map is the zombie spawn. what happens is when the great wall is made (and typically there will also be a cade in the basement) it makes it difficult to get a zombie spawn going on the bottom floor. hence, all zombies spawn in the original spawn, which is far. its also very easy to camp zombies in round 1 and 2 allowing plenty of time to get a nice great wall cade going.

now a good zombie boss (shade) can eliminate this almost entirely but without a good wave 2 shade, its pretty much over.

i'll definitely add this to the list of maps to be tested.

The cades built aren't really too overpowered or anything, it's just zombies aren't trying.

Cades like those can be easily destroyed or taken down if the attacks by bosses and zombies are well coordinated. (Nightmare and shade etc)

It's a bold effort trying to improve the map and encouraging zombies to actually "try" but the problem doesn't lie on the map itself, it's more of the players being selected as zombies at the start or the zombie team in general.

If you actually look at the screenshots you presented, most of them are basically a single layer cade which means a couple of props destroyed and you're in, simple.

*I'll gladly prove this to you with a group of people who are willing to try with me.

I agree reworking on the layout (adding a new room) might improve the situation and urge people to try out different strategies rather than sticking to the same plan (building a wall). However, I don't think it would make much of a difference if the zombies aren't still gonna try on that map.

Nonetheless, great effort on trying to improve the map!

Edited by Harle

The cades built aren't really too overpowered or anything, it's just zombies aren't trying.

Cades like those can be easily destroyed or taken down if the attacks by bosses and zombies are well coordinated. (Nightmare and shade etc)

It's a bold effort trying to improve the map and encouraging zombies to actually "try" but the problem doesn't lie on the map itself, it's more of the players being selected as zombies at the start or the zombie team in general.

If you actually look at the screenshots you presented, most of them are basically a single layer cade which means a couple of props destroyed and you're in, simple.

*I'll gladly prove this to you with a group of people who are willing to try with me.

I agree reworking on the layout (adding a new room) might improve the situation and urge people to try out different strategies rather than sticking to the same plan (building a wall). However, I don't think it would make much of a difference if the zombies aren't still gonna try on that map.

Nonetheless, great effort on trying to improve the map!

Well most zombies don't like to try, that's a fact so lets just nerf the map and encourage them ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ᕗ

• 2 months later...

It's pretty good idea. A lot of zombies just stay in spawn and do nothing. coz they don't know where to go or hey to lazy to go long way down. plus people do that wall cade every time...it make this map too boring for both of side...people and zombie

Would be great to fix that :)