Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Votekick / Votezlist Vs Votemap By Admins

Anzeis

Its been like this for a while without being fixed so I guess it actually needs people requesting a change (or at least 1).

When we try to votekick or votezlist a person 29/40 people voting yes is not enough to zlist / kick that person, however, when an admin starts a votemap with the option to vote "1.- Yes 2.- No" less than 15% voting "1.- Yes" is enough to accept the change.

The problem is that both have different types of votes, the types of votes than a normal player can make require a % of the affected team to accept the change, I'm guessing its 70%.

Meanwhile the !votemap or any kind of !vote that admins make require that more people vote Yes than people voting No without taking into account the people who didn't vote.

For example: if they make a vote with 3 options when there are 20 players on the server, option 1 would win even with 1 person voting for it as long as nobody votes for any of the other 2 options.

Some admins abuse this.

Could we stick to either one for both kinds of votes please?

post-24827-0-86737200-1444568049_thumb.jpg

Personally, if I read this correctly, the Admin Form of voting is the proper form.

Those that did not enter a vote should register as an abstention from the vote and thus lower the total voting.

10 Players.

7 do not vote.

2 vote yes, 1 vote no.

66% have voted yes and the vote passes in their favor.

Currently though I think it works for the player side votes as being where if that 7 didn't vote, that would be 2 against 8. Which it isn't. It's 2 against 1. 7 were afk, undecided, or didn't give a shit.

So I wouldn't call it admin abuse, and I do favor the admin system of voting, if that is what we are calling it (Proper voting more or less rather).

So I wouldn't call it admin abuse, and I do favor the admin system of voting, if that is what we are calling it (Proper voting more or less rather).

Okay, instead of calling it abuse ("omfg, admin aboose"), lets call it exploit.

[spoiler=Boring part starts here]I'm not sure if I can mention any specific names here, so I won't,

This happened today:

4 people mentioned zs_obj_vertigo, the admin that was online felt like playing it so he started a !votemap to change to vertigo right at the beginning of the next map(when most of the players are still joining), 10/52 people voted Yes and that was enough to win the vote because the rest was still joining, but since the map was just starting he didn't change the map, once zombies won and people started to go afk he started another vote asking "change map to vertigo?", this time 13/48 voted yes so we changed to zs_obj_vertigo.

Then 6 people asked for crest of waves, but he didn't start a !votemap.

Well, that's for another topic but it works as an example of my point, it can be easily exploited.

Even so, I think its a good vote system, if someone doesn't care about the vote, he shouldn't be taken into consideration. This kind of vote would be nice to have in the !votezlist or !votekick

Edited by Anzeis

Valjean is on the right track, it only counts the people that vote. If they dont vote they dont count. His example is pretty spot on.

The reason zlists and zlocks require such a high percentage of the server is due to it being easily abused. It got to the point where it was something everyone did, so we increased the percentage to stop it. Our thoughts behind this, if they are causing such a big issue then more people will be inclined to vote 'yes'.

Anzeis, what it comes down to is you can't make everyone happy. Everyone will have their opinions on what map to play. If the map you want to play at a specific time doesn't come to be, well then so be it. There's a lot of people on the server to cater to and we do the best we can.

I think maps should not be chosen if only a few people actually vote. Certain maps like zs Headcrab Canyon only get picked whenever there is a votemap because most people don't vote. There is a yes and no votes but only a small handful of players actually vote and yes wins because the turnout was very low. I think the vote maps should only pass an actually majority of players vote yes, and not because a plurality of voters picked yes.

I think maps should not be chosen if only a few people actually vote. Certain maps like zs Headcrab Canyon only get picked whenever there is a votemap because most people don't vote. There is a yes and no votes but only a small handful of players actually vote and yes wins because the turnout was very low. I think the vote maps should only pass an actually majority of players vote yes, and not because a plurality of voters picked yes.

The thing is when people refuse to vote, they're basically saying they don't care. Because of that, the system can so what it wants with these votes because it was their choice to not participate. Those who did participate get to turn over the outcome. If the server pop didn't want the map to be played, they should have voted. Instead they chose to ignore it.