Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Point Loss Mitigation.

Nibblewerfer

So this is an idea I had it just adds stuff to the game but definitely is not necessary. I was thinking that zombies could gain points lost as a human through damaging cades and survivors but they would be unable to go into profit by doing so. I think it should be around 30 damage to a human and 300 damage to a cade per point.

Edit: I forgot to mention that there should be some limit to this, like a maximum of 100 points mitigated and probably unable to go above a loss of 20 points.

Edited by Nibblewerfer

They would have to completely recode the point system to do this

not really, it is just an end of the round calculation for every player. the server already knows how much damage you have done so not much is needed to implement this at all. i would guess about less than 10 lines of code. of corse i say the end of the round because i want people to not rage quit when they get killed.

Ok so when I look at the responses it seems that most of them are saying that people should not be able to make back all of the points they spent, what I meant was to have some sort of mitigation that is not able to completely able to remove loss. The numbers for how many points should be mitigated and to what limit is really the question.

I think the numbers could be around this upon further reflection. You cannot "gain" more than 50 points and cannot go under -100 profit. This should also trigger at the end of the game as thebong said and maybe it should be required that the zombies win as such it might be balanced. The numbers I stated here are also subject to change. Maybe points should be rewarded for brains eaten rather than damage. The main reason I was thinking of this is for when people host a weapon party and then die because of the teams incompetence just to take the sting out of it.

Also as a second thought regarding parties there should be some way to stop people from selling a large amount of weapons that someone else bought for multiple people, like a cool down on selling weapons in general or just the same type of weapons.

Yeah, you're right honestly I don't know why I even made this topic because I've been comfortably sitting around 7k points for the past few weeks.

Actually never mind about point conservation just take the banned for life trait on all your load outs to never lose points, should've just thought about that.

• 2 weeks later...