Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Last Human All-Talk And No Vote Button

futo

Last human all-talk:

Pretty straight forward, I suggest turning on all-talk when there is only one human left. It would be awesome to hear that person screaming for their life or saying "oh god **** me why the **** did I redeem oh **** ". This suggestion intend to make things more interesting even though it is indeed quite minor.

No vote button:

So this problem actually annoyed me for years already: whenever people start a vote (zlist, kick you name it), it usually does not pass. While there are indeed trolls voting no just because, I often have push the "no" button because:

1) I did not see what that person did, hence cannot make a judgement,

2) I need to switch weapon quick and I do not want to falsely accuse someone.

or 3) I do not know if the penalty is appropriate for whatever that person committed.

I personally believe everyone should only place a vote if they have complete faith in their judgement, and having a no vote button will enhance the voting system for those who actually cared like me; perhaps that will make the system work a couple times more.

Thanks.

Edited by futo
  • Like 1

All talk sounds like a good idea until you realize that you have to push to talk, a significant portion of the population doesn't have a mic, and last human doesn't usually last more than 30 seconds. As far as the second point goes, trolls will vote no regardless of what options you place in front of them. Adding an option to abstain won't change that.

• Like 1

As for the no vote, my hope is to make it work better for those who cared like I stated. My argument is more like trolls are trolls, no solution for that; but those who cared will benefit.

Well in the server it is not like voting for the president, where if I choose to troll vote it only has 1/∞% impact; The server population usually hover around 60 and one better vote means it is a good 1% closer to quote on quote justice.

And on the other hand, sometimes I vote accidentally when trying to switch weapons. Even if the no-vote option is bad, perhaps we can move the vote to 6 or 7?

Anyways, I only have one brain; I might be over-looking some other factors that work against this suggestion, so I'm just going to leave this here.

Thanks Papa.

everyone else just hit's yes because they want it out of their screen

Or vote no just to get rid of the vote screen.

Which also lead to my suggestion of no-vote button; which allow the option of not caring about the vote.

As for the no vote, my hope is to make it work better for those who cared like I stated. My argument is more like trolls are trolls, no solution for that; but those who cared will benefit.

Well in the server it is not like voting for the president, where if I choose to troll vote it only has 1/∞% impact; The server population usually hover around 60 and one better vote means it is a good 1% closer to quote on quote justice.

And on the other hand, sometimes I vote accidentally when trying to switch weapons. Even if the no-vote option is bad, perhaps we can move the vote to 6 or 7?

Anyways, I only have one brain; I might be over-looking some other factors that work against this suggestion, so I'm just going to leave this here.

Thanks Papa.

There seems to be a misconception about the purpose of the vote[insert action here] system, it isn't designed to be a way for players to self-moderate as much as it is to be used in the rare case where someone is universally causing a problem on the server and the vast majority of players wish to make a conscious decision to remove them from the server immediately. That is reason why the requirements for these votes are so high, because I would rather you post a ban report than do the temporary solution of kicking or zlocking a rule breaking player. This is how we have it setup on all of our servers, not just Garry's Mod, but also CSS, TF2, CSGO, etc. because vote kicking does not solve the problem of the player causing issues and us being able to hold them accountable for them later down the line.

So when you get annoyed that vote kicking doesn't pass, just understand that this is a sample of the vote kicks reasons we receive (taken directly from the last 24 hours):

• bad jokes
  • autism mic spam pls 1
  • moving on
  • TROLLING WITH BOSS SELECTION
  • annoying,squeaky,suckingdick,makingweirdnoises,spammingmic,fistingpeoplesears
  • Bitching, whining, mic spam
  • dont make we dont have a nice cader and dont zlist abuse
  • babby go youtube watch how we play xD
  • You really are trying to fuck us arent you?
  • lacking chromosome
  • Cow fallback idiot
  • HE FUCKING HE BROKE THE GAME BY STUCKING THE PLUG ON THE TIRE

I could go on but I think you get the idea, I would sooner disable vote kick all together than make it easier to get them passed.

• Like 5

de_stroyed, great map, love it.

You weren't on then, but last year was prime-time for trolls. The system had not yet adapted and thus easily abusable. Admins had a great time tracking down and banning vote abusers......

I generally press 1 (yes) because there's basically no reason as to why someone would waste the time to make a votekick or votezlist on a person unless they were a legitimate problem. Only trolls would do that and let's face it; it ain't worth doing that anymore (thanks system!)

To me these ideas are really for those who cared. If you cared about your better vote, good; If you cared about hearing zombies chanting one-of-us as last human, good.

If you don't care about the vote and you will vote no every time, doesn't matter; If you just don't care about the world and use voice_enable 0, doesn't matter.

So the problem is really the matter of opportunity cost(s) which our coders will bear.

If you say the whole thing is pointless, I would definitely object your statement. But whether these ideas worth to be on our coders' list, we can argue from there.

Edited by futo