Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Routers...

XxwonderbredxX

Hey guys. Alright it's time to buy a new wireless router, since I switched to Comcast 150mb download speed.

So, I got some options to go with. Which one is the best?

Keep in mind I have can have 5+ devices on the internet at once easy, party days 15+. I game on CS:GO, and download movies and shit.

ASUS RT-AC68P

https://www.asus.com/Networking/RTAC68P/

NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

http://www.amazon.com/NETGEAR-Nighthawk-AC1900-Gigabit-Router/dp/B00F0DD0I6

Linksys AC1900 EA6900

http://www.amazon.com/Linksys-Wireless-Dual-Band-Anywhere-EA6900/dp/B00EXK14S0

5132335750.png

Late at night/morning download speed goes down.

We have the asus ac66u which is a step below the ac68p, works really well and covers our whole house with the WiFi signal. We've never had any serious problems with it since we got it and it gets frequent updates. The 2.4ghz wifi signal it has is really fast so you barely even need the 5ghz wifi unless you're like streaming a game like on a shield or with steam in home streaming, but even if you don't do either it's good to have it.

We have the asus ac66u which is a step below the ac68p, works really well and covers our whole house with the WiFi signal. We've never had any serious problems with it since we got it and it gets frequent updates. The 2.4ghz wifi signal it has is really fast so you barely even need the 5ghz wifi unless you're like streaming a game like on a shield or with steam in home streaming, but even if you don't do either it's good to have it.

Okaydoki kool! Thanks Porkcow :3

I haven't looked into the routers enough to recommend one over another but based off of the context in your post you're using wireless for gaming. If its an option you should keep your new router (whichever one you may get) in your room and use an Ethernet cable connected directly to it. BTW my router has 5ghz wifi and my dad uses and he says its pretty fast for when hes on his laptop or watching netflix.

Edited by SkeletalElite

I haven't looked into the routers enough to recommend one over another but based off of the context in your post you're using wireless for gaming. If its an option you should keep your new router (whichever one you may get) in your room and use an Ethernet cable connected directly to it. BTW my router has 5ghz wifi and my dad uses and he says its pretty fast for when hes on his laptop or watching netflix.

Here's my setup. I have a wireless router in my room that is directly connected to my PC from the router that is in my living room. So I use direct connection and wireless connection at once. I can see a HUGE difference with only my direct connection vs when I'm using both. Should have said this in the post.

Here's my setup. I have a wireless router in my room that is directly connected to my PC from the router that is in my living room. So I use direct connection and wireless connection at once. I can see a HUGE difference with only my direct connection vs when I'm using both. Should have said this in the post.

You might want something with 5ghz then for thewireless