Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Odd Rubberbanding Issue

ryanspics

Preface:

So I've been gone from HG ZS for quite a while and a lot has changed. There's a lot of systems in place in the game that I love. I like the fact people can't swarm Boomsticks on wave 1 for a survival map. There's some other things that are cool too, (at least from what I've seen) the staff aren't half bad (I had problems with some of the staff 2 years ago) and the guns have more variety and the muscular/buff perk (It was a pain HG didn't have it back then when I would cade). However there is one thing that gets on my nerves so much when I play now-a-days. Something that is making me just not want to play the game and I dunno, take a nap or something. But issue is my constant problem with my movement.

The Issue:

My movement in the game is only normal some of the time. Most of the time I find my self teleporting around slightly, distance in Gmod is hard to explain but let me try: I'll go off the width of a human (hip to hip) ok? Taking that into account, I find myself very frequently warping up to 3 people away. It would make sense if I was lagging and my ping was over 100 or something but no. My ping on this server is actually better than most other server. My ping on here varies from 50-60,with the occasional lag spike, most people get 'em and that doesn't bother me. What does bother me is when i'm standing still on a ledge sniping and the server decides that I should be 2 Hw's ( Hw =width of a human as a term for measurement) further of the edge and warps me over the edge without any movement input and I fall over the edge and die from falling damage or whatever.

Things I've noticed:

1. Happens more frequently when moving.
  2. Seems to happen no matter server population, however I do think that a bigger population causing it more.
  3. This server seems to be the only one causing this issue for me, other zombie servers do it however it happens due to ping lag.

Please let me know if you have a fix for this, it's just a server thing that will just continue to happen or whatever. :amuse:

• Like 3

• Executive Council

How long has this been happening? I recently changed some networking options about a week and a half ago. It improved the server's CPU performance at high player counts.

• Like 2