Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rope- Increasing Cade Diversity

dnascot

I have noticed that cading is limited in that one must must either nail a prop near a surface, or nail a prop to a prop inorder to achieve a prop that is far from a surface. So I believe inserting a roping mechnic, which would be similiar to that of the nailing mechanic, would enhance cading diversity since it would efficiently utililize the entire space of a room.

Such diversity arises from the use of the tension of the rope mechanic. For example, if one nailed props in a spherical fashion then connected the mass to the wall with ropes, one could rotate the mass by disconnecting ropes /adding more ropes inorder to spread the damage through out the mounted props. Other uses would be for minefields, mobile layer cades, and swinging skycades.

One map that would greatly benefit from this would be the krusty crab. Door ways are a bit too big, and this is hard to cover unless props are nailed to each other or nailed nailed near the doorway or floor. Ropes would provide a relief to this flaw, but as well as a increase the diversity of methods that utilize the space in the room to provide a larger coverage for a huge doorway

The only issues I fear are prop physics killing other players. Maybe it can be fixed like how humans can not kill other player with the gravity gun. Also please don't allow the shade to access roped props. Plz....

Edited by dnascot
  • Like 1