Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Little Help With Mic.

Recently my mic sometimes distort and turns robotic. At first I thought it was only my SLAM that was doing it but I checked my mic using voice_loopback 1. I cant play music without it having bad quality and I cant talk without sounding like a robot. I've already tried a lot of solutions, like scaling down the mic input and entering -voice_mixer_volume 0.10 in the launch options. If anyone else has a solution please share.

Edit: Currently no solution helped so Im gonna wait a week to see if anything changes

Edited by Mango Pervdragon

Check and make sure your mic is set as your default device and your default communication device.

How-to:

Control Panel/Sound/Recording

Highlight your microphone

Click the arrow besides the "set default" button

Make sure both the options are selected.

If this doesn't work let me know and I will do some more searching for solutions.

Edited by SupaNipplez

What kind of microphone is this? Is it being routed through your sound card or USB?

All this default stuff doesn't really do much unless it's being hogged by WASAPI, ASIO or another driver.

It's a webcam. I don't have a sound card. If it helps, Both SLAM and my mic worked earlier this week without any problems. Then people started complaining that my mic sounded terrible (I paid no attention since it was a webcam) and that my music sounded like it was in a wash-machine. Now every few seconds, they both turn robotic then they stop and rinse and repeat.

Ok, if that's the case there are a few possibilities

It is possible that the webcam may not be getting sufficient bandwidth in order to operate correctly. I would suggest changing out the USB port it is plugged into. If possible and if it is new enough, use a USB 3.0 port (it will be more than enough bandwidth). Avoid using a front port if at all possible.

You could try updating your driver, although chances are it's not that.

Whats your sampling rate and bitrate set at for your webcam?

Ok, if that's the case there are a few possibilities

It is possible that the webcam may not be getting sufficient bandwidth in order to operate correctly. I would suggest changing out the USB port it is plugged into. If possible and if it is new enough, use a USB 3.0 port (it will be more than enough bandwidth). Avoid using a front port if at all possible.

You could try updating your driver, although chances are it's not that.

Whats your sampling rate and bitrate set at for your webcam?

1. Plugged it up in the back. Didn't change a thing.

2. Drivers are up-to-date

3. Don't see how a webcam's sampling/bitrate can affect SLAM, which is a software to play music through CSGO, as well

• 1 month later...