Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

UNBAN Request

propguy

1. Your in-game name: Prop Guy_______________________

2. Server that you were banned on: (HNS: 67.228.181.78:27015)

3. The Banning admin: Autobanned "no admin"

4. Your Steam-Id: "STEAM_0:0:8667133"

5. Reason for ban: I was having lag issues so i added 5 commands to my autoexec.exe "im not sure if one of these commands got me banned or if one of my buttons got stuck and spammed the server" in console the last thing it says is "unknown command ;;" any way here are the 5 commands...

//fog_enable 0 // to disable the lag caused by fog

//r_RainSimulate 0 // to disable the lag caused by rain

//voice_overdrive 4 // Voice Chat to Game volume ratio, So you can here people talk over gamesounds

//soundscape_fadetime 1 // im not sure on this one but... im assuming it shortens the legnth of sounds

//soundscape_flush // this is the one i bound to a button with "stopsound - which ive used many times"

So i joined the server, Then joined the T team, Then after i spawned i toggled "Soundscape_flush" then immediately i was autobanned and in console, it said "unknown command ;;" Thank you for your time and Please if there is any way for you to check for me, which of those commands i should NOT use in the future that would be GREAT!!!!

Edited by Moto

after doing a little research lastnight i noticed i entered my bind improperly,,, this doesnt answer any questions really but maybe it will clear things up on your side as to why i got banned. Here is the bind i made and ill explain it

//stop all sound//

alias "ss" "ss1"

alias "ss1" "stopsound; alias ss ss2"

alias "ss2" "stopsoundscape; alias ss ss3"

alias "ss3" "soundscape_flush; alias ss ss1

bind "f10" "ss"

basicly how this works if you press F10 then it does "STOPSOUND" press it again and it does STOPSOUNDSCAPE, those work just fine! the new part was the SOUNDSCAPEFLUSH notice i forgot to put the end quote "" alias "ss3" "soundscape_flush; alias ss ss1 <---missing quote

i tapped f10 three times obviously to try and trigger all three commands,.

it is possible it was either executed too fast or the button got stuck or due to the fact the command was written improperly in my autoexec.exe

The reason i keep focusing on this particular command is because i wasnt banned when i joined the server or after joining a team, it wasnt until i toggled F10/SS/Soundscapeflush

• 2 weeks later...