Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zombie Escape Band-Aids Suggestion

iProbie

Some proposed changes to improve gameplay and balance for both sides:

1. Increase zombie HP to 3000

Zombie Escape is not meant to be played with humans farming kills on zombies, hell where's the thrill in that. It was atrocious when guns suddenly deal 60-750 damage per shot. Things get real bad when zombies are unlucky and knockback works for them.

For comparison, other CS:GO Zombie Escape servers have zombie hp setting from 6,000 to 10,000 and guns dealing 25-100 damage per shot just like vanilla CS:GO, but knockback works fine in that case.

2. Get rid of Scout, SG550, G3SG-1 and AWP

A lot of Zombie Escape maps have bosses. Instead of overnerfing bosses for gmod ZE, get rid of these guns that basically are useless in boss fights unless they are lucky enough to end up with Glock. These guns are also only good at pointfarming instead of defending.

3. Add M249 and Dual Elites

M249 would probably deal 60 flat damage per shot (similar to P90 or Bullet Storm)

Dual Elites would deal 80 flat damage per shot.

4. Add 100 armor Kevlar Vest for everyone and buff Zombie Damage to 100 to compensate

Zombies would still take 3 hits to kill a human, but humans now have a better chance to fight bosses or map-specific trigger hurts.

5. Now that you've done 1-4, time to make bosses hard and un-wimpy again

wtf did you do to the Cannon boss in pirates port royale???

6. Rebalance M3 (Sweeper shotgun)

it's a pointfarm gun, but it is a riskier gun than the snipers and auto snipers. Reduce its damage but add more clipsize and firing speed.

Something like 16 pellets per shot with each pellet dealing 24 damage (up to 384 damage per shot) but increase clipsize to 8, add firing speed and reload speed to match CS:S M3

Edited by iProbie

God your suggestions are so detailed... :devil:

However getting rid of all the snipers is a dumb idea, they prove very useful in long hallway bits of the ze maps, you see zombies aren't supposed to catch up to you in these areas.

apart from that, I like the idea of increasing zombie health, however we did try this and it didn't go too well, if I recall correctly. So if we increase the health, that would cause a chain reaction, causing us to change other things in the gamemode so its balanced,

Edited by Gandalfâ„¢
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure you were there but when we set zombie hp to 2500-3000 we ended up getting slaughtered on every map. I'm not a fan of repeating that myself. But I don't think you were around when that was going on. Also dutifully take note the mechanics in cs:go are MUCH different. Knock back and alot of other variables are different

Some proposed changes to improve gameplay and balance for both sides:

1. Increase zombie HP to 3000

Zombie Escape is not meant to be played with humans farming kills on zombies, hell where's the thrill in that. It was atrocious when guns suddenly deal 60-750 damage per shot. Things get real bad when zombies are unlucky and knockback works for them.

For comparison, other CS:GO Zombie Escape servers have zombie hp setting from 6,000 to 10,000 and guns dealing 25-100 damage per shot just like vanilla CS:GO, but knockback works fine in that case.

2. Get rid of Scout, SG550, G3SG-1 and AWP

A lot of Zombie Escape maps have bosses. Instead of overnerfing bosses for gmod ZE, get rid of these guns that basically are useless in boss fights unless they are lucky enough to end up with Glock. These guns are also only good at pointfarming instead of defending.

3. Add M249 and Dual Elites

M249 would probably deal 60 flat damage per shot (similar to P90 or Bullet Storm)

Dual Elites would deal 80 flat damage per shot.

4. Add 100 armor Kevlar Vest for everyone and buff Zombie Damage to 100 to compensate

Zombies would still take 3 hits to kill a human, but humans now have a better chance to fight bosses or map-specific trigger hurts.

5. Now that you've done 1-4, time to make bosses hard and un-wimpy again

wtf did you do to the Cannon boss in pirates port royale???

6. Rebalance M3 (Sweeper shotgun)

it's a pointfarm gun, but it is a riskier gun than the snipers and auto snipers. Reduce its damage but add more clipsize and firing speed.

Something like 16 pellets per shot with each pellet dealing 24 damage (up to 384 damage per shot) but increase clipsize to 8, add firing speed and reload speed to match CS:S M3

1) I think there already 3000 health but if not, then I wasn't sure about it but I want to see if it can increase up to 5000 health.

2) Now why would you remove snipers from game, SG550 is SO useful, no joke, you just bad at using them.

3) Adding like M249 and Dual Elites are fine, here they should be when it comes to stats:

M249

Damage: around like 100-120

Mag Size: 100

Dual Elites

Damage:101

Mag Size: 30 (Not why?)

4) I would totally agree with this, getting hit by zombie is like your end of the human's life. I would like to see it and see if it works out.

5) I haven't play all ZE maps at all so I have to see about it,

6) I haven't even tested the Sweeper so I'm going to test it as well.

1) I think there already 3000 health but if not, then I wasn't sure about it but I want to see if it can increase up to 5000 health.

2) Now why would you remove snipers from game, SG550 is SO useful, no joke, you just bad at using them.

3) Adding like M249 and Dual Elites are fine, here they should be when it comes to stats:

M249

Damage: around like 100-120

Mag Size: 100

Dual Elites

Damage:101

Mag Size: 30 (Not why?)

4) I would totally agree with this, getting hit by zombie is like your end of the human's life. I would like to see it and see if it works out.

point 2 is related to point 1. you're not supposed to be farming kills in ZE. it's zombie escape, not zombie point farming simulator. You're supposed to ESCAPE! not sip tea and laugh while instakilling zombies who approach you.

SG550 deals 750 damage per headshot in ZE. 2 headshot and 1 bodyshot on a zombie deals 1875 damage which leaves a zombie with 125 hp remaining (yes, zombies currently have 2000 hp and not 3000).

it's all fine until you're the one being zombie and is killed in 2 seconds from auto snipers after spawning. yes, that's fun alright.

In addition, bossfights in ZE usually have health based on number of bullets instead of raw damage (unless atb and forrest changed this). so your autosnipers and snipers are waaaay outclassed from the full auto SMGs and rifles and you become useless in bossfights, unless you have Glock sidearm, which is an SMG really.

no, 100 damage per shot for m249 is absurd. rifles like m4 and ak47 deals 80-90 damage per bodyshot while p90 does 60 damage per bodyshot. you can test these things.

101 damage per elites bodyshot is not fine either, it would outclass other sidearms except for Deagle and Glock.

about point 4, you didn't read the whole thing now did you?

I'm pretty sure you were there but when we set zombie hp to 2500-3000 we ended up getting slaughtered on every map. I'm not a fan of repeating that myself. But I don't think you were around when that was going on. Also dutifully take note the mechanics in cs:go are MUCH different. Knock back and alot of other variables are different

I was there when ZE was out in its early stages, including when zombies had 3000 hp. but back then knockback was COMPLETELY NON-EXISTENT. Now, knockback works half of the time or idk really. it's still buggy as you said, but 50% chance to knockback is definitely way better than none.

Edited by iProbie