Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Ttt] Choke On The Server

Hi staff,

I would like to notify you guys about the massive choke on the TTT server.

This is not client sided this is server sided and I would like to know if you guys can/cannot resolve this issue.

The main problem is that the game feels choppy/laggy I cannot aim as good as on your other servers.

Kind regards,

A frequent TTT player

d3771f6fcd.jpg

I sorta know some of the issues behind this since I used to help manage a CS:GO Zombie Escape server.

• Depending on how old the box is, the choke can go up. If I recall, HG has upgraded its hardware in a while. Usually if more clients are connected to the server, the more choke it will get.
  • There are also settings for sv_ commands to decrease the choke of a server too. I forgot the commands off the top of my head.
  • If HG is still running Linux, they should consider switching to Windows because it will give the servers a better performance boost. Valve has still not fix the Linux issue in CS:GO from what I heard.

If anything right now, HG probably needs new hardware. Valve updating CS:GO seems to be making servers with older hardware more obsolete. New hitboxes from last year was one of the updates that really took a shit on a lot of servers.

Unfortunately, we can't do anything about this. Our boxes most likely won't be updated anytime soon for CSGO. We do have a windows box, but because of it's location it's not good for GEOIP. (Half the US won't see our server) If we did decide to change to another box, eg. the new GMOD box would mean an IP Change. This would kill the population, and not help. So for the moment sit back and be patient, we were looking into some options.

• Like 4

Unfortunately, we can't do anything about this. Our boxes most likely won't be updated anytime soon for CSGO. We do have a windows box, but because of it's location it's not good for GEOIP. (Half the US won't see our server) If we did decide to change to another box, eg. the new GMOD box would mean an IP Change. This would kill the population, and not help. So for the moment sit back and be patient, we were looking into some options.

This might be something interesting to look in too..

A few days ago the TTT server was 128tick but is back to 64