Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Help Request] Computer Building

G.K.M.Y

Hey guys,

My friend needs help building a new computer (his is like... 7-8 years old). Since I hear there are some pretty good people with computers around HG, I thought I'd ask around here. The budget is ideally not higher than 1k (CAD), including the case.

The computer is going to be used for 3D rendering as well as PC gaming.

Thanks guys.

does he have anything thats like a must have

nvidia/ati

intel/amd

any case he likes?(prefers)

Not really. I'd say maybe NVidia and Intel, just because I personally use those ones and has had no problems with them. But I really have no idea what the differences are.

Hey Terry,

Based on your items, I created a Shopping List on the site that I used (just because there's a local store and all that what not). Can you check if everything is correct? Just wanted to make sure that everything was actually available on my end. I changed the case since the one you suggested wasn't offered at NCIX.

Thanks.

post-19-13525953645023_thumb.jpg

Hey Terry,

Based on your items, I created a Shopping List on the site that I used (just because there's a local store and all that what not). Can you check if everything is correct? Just wanted to make sure that everything was actually available on my end. I changed the case since the one you suggested wasn't offered at NCIX.

Thanks.

To be near or maybe even within your budget you can price match all those items you posted.

You should go price match all those items and save yourself 100-200$ maybe, NCIX is pretty flexible on there price match.

Just go on http://www.shopbot.ca/ and type the model number to find cheaper prices.

Other tip: You may want to check for ncix's weekly deals and stuff, but lately they have been lacking on good deals.

Edited by 2ez4u

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Terry,

Thanks.

Damn I missed this thread, sorry buddy. All those parts look good, just make sure the memory is 1.65V and not the 1.9-2.0 v models.

terry <3. listen to terry gkmy :)

Thanks buddy, appreciate it.