Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Q] Do You Need Surround Sound For Cs:go?

Honestly it's a personal preference, I personally play with the speakers taped to my eaars and turn it up all the way while I am smoking down a ton of blunts(marijuana)

Edited by Guest
Why not virtual surround?

You are using a headset. you have 2 speakers in that headset. 5.1(7.1) is meant to have 4(or more) speakers + a sub and a center channel. The game setting thinks this is what you have. Your headset does not have this. There is emulated surround which will take already accurate direction and re-place it towards a virtual or simulated speaker location. These emulated locations need to be set up 100% perfectly to get accurate direction. 5.1 requires much more processing and can lag. Virtual surround CAN work for games where you would like a cinematic feel, like Skyrim. For a game that directional accuracy means a kill or death, you do not want to add to the "atmosphere". The sound quality also gets degraded by effects like echo, dither and not to mention the forced "speaker delay".

Headphones Mode is software the game creating a 3D landscape in a stereo environment. Virtual surround is software creating a 3D landscape in a stereo environment.

[spoiler=Source]https://www.reddit.c...urround/ct5x7kw

Not recommended for CS:GO but for other games it should be fine.

Edited by UnPrePared_

I have headphones that can do surround sound and i use it to see where footsteps and gunshots are places where i cant see. An example is that your on mirage and you can hear the enemy in palace running in.

I would recommend it but its not NEEDED to play this

P.S. There is a map that tells how bad the surround sound is on for CS http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=697998669