Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Question About The Respect Rule

techdude92

So I had a question about the "respect all players" rule. When I was in the the JB server, I noticed an interaction in chat with a player (T) and an admin (CT) that essentially went as follows

*something happened that caused the T to be angry towards the CT/Admin*

T: "Hey ct/admin, go fuck yourself" (or some other variation, I don't exactly remember)

CT/Admin: "Hey, respect all players,"

CT/admin then gags the player for a couple rounds.

I somewhat expect that I'll get more shit from people simply because I am an admin (justified or unjustified, I just expect it), but from the above example, it seems to me that the admin in question didn't like being told to go fuck themselves and then retaliated.

So my question ultimately boils down to: Should admins consider themselves to be more natural targets of criticism/anger, and thus raise the threshold of what is considered disrespect accordingly? Or should we consider ourselves to be like any other player, with the exception that we can now directly punish those who are being disrespectful?

Hopefully that makes sense.

• Like 1

An admin should have just warned the guy to respect all players, and not have gagged him right away. Only after the warning had been given, then the player, if the player continues, should be gagged.

Admins should be treated just as the other players. The admins on our servers do not make the rules they enforce them. If you find an admin abusing his powers, make an abuse report.

• Like 3

The admins shouldn't consider themselves in a general group like that.

Disrespecting should come in a form where someone really takes offense to something. if they continue to do it, admins should follow the procedure of warn->mute/gag(however many times)->ban

So for example, going to use this term for explanatory purposes, but if I am playing and I say "this guy is such a fag", admins can have a right to punish them if someone finds it offensive

In addition, if someone punished someone for saying fuck you to a general audience, the punisher needs to grow up.

• Like 6