Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs Map Remake Suggestions?

EngineTrap

Im about to begin a massive operation to remake both old and recent zs maps in order to optimize them and make them good and up to date with the new zs mechanics

And Because I care about your opinions guys I wanted to ask you all what maps would you like to see remade/fixed

BEFORE YOU POST:

*Please give arguments in case you want a map to be remade, saying "THIS MAP IS BORING" or "I dont like dis map" isnt an argument, please think about a map you would really like to see on the list again (example: I want zs_test_facility to be remade because it had a very interesting gameplay but poor optimization and the end is almost impossible to complete)

*In case you want a map to be fixed post a picture or if possible a video of the glitch or exploit you want me to fix, Im not a genie so I need to know what you want me to fix.

*Im open to all maps you have knowledge about, if you know a very good map from (insert gamemode here) that could be good for zs im open to it as long as you tell me why.

*I'll take my time with them and I'll be giving them to ATB as they are completed so dont expect me to finish it in 1 day.

-----------------------------

Current Map remakes im working on:

* zs_rip_club

* pn_vault_121

* zs_obj_reactor (yes the same reactor u guys fucking love to the end of times, xd)

-----

Hope you guys like my initiative, In case I begin working on a map you suggested I'll make sure to tell you in zs or ts or wherever you want and edit the post so it includes it in the "Current Map Remakes Im working on" section so you know im working on it. K Thanks.

Edited by Salazzle
  • Like 3

mlt_home. The cherry on top of the shitmaps. Here we go...

I like the concept of the map itself, as it is unique. It asks the human team something no other map does: find a way up to a button that opens up new parts of the map, or die. However, when pressing said button still guarantees death, then the map probably has a few problems.

The effort to get up top while keeping enough humans alive to survive into late waves is considerable. The payoff for opening the teleporter is not worth this effort. The house is pretty much uncadable, as all rooms have windows and there are hardly any props to use. The other building has no props at all.

Just sitting here thinking for five minutes, I brainstormed a few things that could balance the map and make it actually possible to survive past wave 2.(We have made it farther then wave 2 a few times, but making it to wave 3 should not be a crowning achievement on a map.)

MORE PROPS:

Simply put, the house needs more props. You have a couple doors, a couch, and some other random things. There is no chance a cade can made up to survive 6 waves with this. Humans need props that can be used to quickly cade the entrance, and then more props to make a cade in one of the rooms. Same scenario for the other building; it needs props. I don't think that it's meant for a main cade, but a few props would help a lot with some variety, as humans could try something other then the house.

UNBREAKABLE WINDOWS:

The house has like 2 rooms you can cade in, and both have windows that can be broken. They need to be smaller so only headcrabs can get through, or simply invincible.

REMOVE THE TOP ENTRANCE(S):

Since humans have so little time to cade the front, it is incredibly tough to try and prepare for the guaranteed legions that are going to come straight from upstairs and basically force the humans to cade a single room downstairs and be in it by wave2. With the addition of adding more props and unbreakable windows, humans really could string together a good cade that has a chance of later rounds.

REPLACE THE HOUSE WITH SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT:

Now this is a very broad idea, but the basic gist is simple. Give the map something else to work with. The house is very boring. For all the work to get up to it, it is a resounding thud of dissapointment. mlt_home is a unique map; when the teleporter is opened, it should give the humans a very good area to survive in. Whether it be a hallway, a building full of props and rooms to work with, or something else. The humans deserve something to work with on this map.

Those are my thoughts on the map. Thank you so much for starting this Nightshade!

• Like 1

mlt_home. The cherry on top of the shitmaps. Here we go...

I like the concept of the map itself, as it is unique. It asks the human team something no other map does: find a way up to a button that opens up new parts of the map, or die. However, when pressing said button still guarantees death, then the map probably has a few problems.

The effort to get up top while keeping enough humans alive to survive into late waves is considerable. The payoff for opening the teleporter is not worth this effort. The house is pretty much uncadable, as all rooms have windows and there are hardly any props to use. The other building has no props at all.

Just sitting here thinking for five minutes, I brainstormed a few things that could balance the map and make it actually possible to survive past wave 2.(We have made it farther then wave 2 a few times, but making it to wave 3 should not be a crowning achievement on a map.)

MORE PROPS:

Simply put, the house needs more props. You have a couple doors, a couch, and some other random things. There is no chance a cade can made up to survive 6 waves with this. Humans need props that can be used to quickly cade the entrance, and then more props to make a cade in one of the rooms. Same scenario for the other building; it needs props. I don't think that it's meant for a main cade, but a few props would help a lot with some variety, as humans could try something other then the house.

UNBREAKABLE WINDOWS:

The house has like 2 rooms you can cade in, and both have windows that can be broken. They need to be smaller so only headcrabs can get through, or simply invincible.

REMOVE THE TOP ENTRANCE(S):

Since humans have so little time to cade the front, it is incredibly tough to try and prepare for the guaranteed legions that are going to come straight from upstairs and basically force the humans to cade a single room downstairs and be in it by wave2. With the addition of adding more props and unbreakable windows, humans really could string together a good cade that has a chance of later rounds.

REPLACE THE HOUSE WITH SOMETHING ENTIRELY DIFFERENT:

Now this is a very broad idea, but the basic gist is simple. Give the map something else to work with. The house is very boring. For all the work to get up to it, it is a resounding thud of dissapointment. mlt_home is a unique map; when the teleporter is opened, it should give the humans a very good area to survive in. Whether it be a hallway, a building full of props and rooms to work with, or something else. The humans deserve something to work with on this map.

Those are my thoughts on the map. Thank you so much for starting this Nightshade!

I was already afraid someone would mention this map, xd. But sure, I think I have one or two ideas on how to completely improve the map, I'll be sure to tell you when the map is ready or I have decent screenshots of it.

For every house map (darkhouse, night of the living dead, chernobyl, etc.) we need to make the windows unbreakable. That is what makes them terrible zombie maps. You cannot possibly defend 12 different entrances at once. On top of that, we would have to double the props in them. If those two things were accomplished, we could see a comeback of house maps.

• Like 1