Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Map Removal Request Thread

Ryze

With a growing map rotation, I think it's time to look at some maps which should/could be removed from rotation.

I have already asked some mappers for their input of what should be removed. Now I would like to get some input from other players and see what they have to say about some maps. All I ask is to give a list of the maps you think should be removed and give a reason if possible [this helps a lot]. (ex: broken, laggy, missing textures, human sided, zombie sided, gg after wave 1, etc.)

This does not mean the maps will be removed, it means they will be judged/evaluated! Also, feel free to see if there are any new versions of the map and post here to have it updated.

Thank you to all those who took the time to give some feedback. And feel free to suggest maps here!!

• Like 10

Reviews general from others players and me

zs_tag_sealed (boring map and bad concept, the only one spot for cade is attainable only by fast zombie or similar)

zs_water_station_v2 (now everyone know the spot inside the pipe, 6 humans can easily resist against 70 zombie for 3 waves

zs_subversive_part4 (this map is time to go after 3 years, people play this map just for make a plane

zs_htx_school_v1 (BIG map but only 1 spot for cade and too hard for defend it for HG gameplay)

Edit: 30/05

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 7

Here also more maps I missed that are terrible for gameplay and server population:

zs_cabrain_v1_beta (few spots to cade, awful gameplay.)

zs_antartic_hospital (super small map with only 2 cading spots, spawncamp simulator if humans cade, human rape simulator if they dont)

zs_artic_cave (same as antartic hospital, there seems to be a trend with antartic maps being really shitty. lol)

zs_desprerados_v1 (small map, few cading spots, bad zombie spawns.)

zs_infected_facility (only 1 cading spot, bad zombie spawns, not that many props)

• Like 1

Agree with Trazix,

ze_predator_ultimate_v3

ze_boredom_v543656

ze_tesv_skyrim_v4fix

ze_avp_finalbest1

are supposed to be removed.

For me we need to remove :

-zs_dacha_v1

-zs_water_station_v2

-zs_arctic_outpost_v2

-zs_cabrain_v1_beta

-zs_dome_v2b We cant cade on this map haha

Edited by Master ToF
  • Like 2

Maps I think should be removed:

All of trazix's ZE suggestions. They are ugly when you can't vote for them on the votelist.

All of Nightshade's suggestions except maybe desperados. I think that ones is decent, although there is only one cading spot humans ever use.

All of tofs suggestions except water station. I like the weird spots you can cade on that map. Usually not op, but fun to defend.

My own suggestions:

obj_mine. I really don't like this map. The hardest part is the beginning, then it's super easy. People constantly troll the cart by standing on it and mods have to basically babysit the cart whenever we play it to make sure people don't troll. It's super short, and is usually a spawncamp the whole way through the map after the start. Just an awful objective.

cleanoffice. This one might be highly opinionated, but here's my reasoning. It's a really generic office map. Humans only cade the spawnroom literally every map because anywhere else can make you a zombie and going somewhere else once the round starts is suicide because the map is small, cramped, and linear. It's super easy to cade the spawnroom as well, which usually results in a long game every time we play it. We even win it a fair amount of the time. There are lots of "bad maps" on the server like nestlings or Chernobyl. The difference between those maps and cleanoffice is that those maps are choatic as hell and usually fast games, which makes things interesting. Cleanoffice is repetitive and goes for a long time.

castle_defense. Just got added a few days ago. Only 2 cading spots on the whole map, and both are really bad. Pretty much the same as dome.

• Like 1

REMOVE!!!! Zs_Dome_v2b :angry:

It has no good places to cade and it is human sided when they get into the dome so regular zombies can't get them till wave 3 for fast zombies. In general, it is a boring and human sided map so zombies leave. Just a copy and paste of a cod map.

post-36777-0-70634500-1493100678_thumb.jpg

With the help of everyone who contributed, we have managed to remove the following (which can be seen here):

• zs_antarctic_hospital
  • zs_dome_v2b
  • zs_vector
  • zs_island_v2
  • zs_oceanside
  • zs_chernobyl_v2
  • zs_last_day_z2
  • zs_darkhouse_ocxv5
  • zs_sprint_trading_hq

Thanks to all who helped and more will be removed once we add more maps to rotation. Keep suggesting maps that should be removed if you find any.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

map name: zs_farm3

Reasons why it should be removed:

One simple reason, the attic. Now that everyone knows the spot, it turns into a mad rush to get in right when the game starts. The zombies then have to wait till wave 4 to do much of anything, as chrono butcher unlocks and can jump inside. Even then, a team of good humans can kill a chrono before it even gets a chance to move around. The map encourages afking and leaving, and both sides highly complain about how the game slows to a crawl on this map. Please remove it.

map name: zs_surfacing:

Reasons Why:

This map has only one real cade, a single room with one door and a vent entrance. The main gimmick is that the outside opens, but no one ever bothers pushing out, as you don't have enough time to get to the surface and set up in one intermission. Just a bad map.

map name: All locked maps on the votelist

Reasons why:

It just looks ugly and it means that it takes longer to get through all the maps. Not much else reasoning here.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

zs_desperados_v1 <- TOP PRIORITY

- Everyone cades in the secret spot, which the hole to get in is way too small and makes it easy to pointwhore off zombies

zs_farm3_hg_v2

- Everyone always cades in the attic which is an overpowered and boring spot

zs_nestlings_v3, I'd suggest checking out the updated version of this map which is a lot cleaner in my opinion

zs_elementary_school This map has also been long updated and I'd consider also checking it out. The updated version has a playground in the background and you can access the roof & vents.

zs_southside because it's just one cading spot because the rest are garbage.

Any maps that have overpowered secret spots like desperados, only one good cade llike in farm3 and southside, and maps that have long had updates like elementary school and nestlings should be removed or checked out for newer versions.

I didn't put these maps in the list because I personally don't like them, but because they are a big poop in gameplay, and a lot of people agree.

Edited by Kirbs
  • Like 1

zs_desperados_v1 <- TOP PRIORITY

- Everyone cades in the secret spot, which the hole to get in is way too small and makes it easy to pointwhore off zombies

zs_farm3_hg_v2

- Everyone always cades in the attic which is an overpowered and boring spot

zs_nestlings_v3, I'd suggest checking out the updated version of this map which is a lot cleaner in my opinion

zs_elementary_school This map has also been long updated and I'd consider also checking it out. The updated version has a playground in the background and you can access the roof & vents.

zs_southside because it's just one cading spot because the rest are garbage.

Any maps that have overpowered secret spots like desperados, only one good cade llike in farm3 and southside, and maps that have long had updates like elementary school and nestlings should be removed or checked out for newer versions.

I didn't put these maps in the list because I personally don't like them, but because they are a big poop in gameplay, and a lot of people agree.

Agree with everything but nestlings. It's kinda a meme at this point and the map has enough props to be well caded, but people just give up when they see what map it is.

Thanks to all your help, we have managed to remove the following (which can be seen here):

• zs_farm3_hg_v2
  • zs_arctic_outpost_v2
  • zs_desperados_v1
  • zs_ravine
  • zs_southside
  • zs_cold_forest_v2a

Thanks to all who helped. Keep suggesting maps that should be removed if you find any.

I can write a whole novel the size of the Bible just full of maps I want to remove. But let me start with objective maps

mine = I just don't like it. I'm literally the only person on this server who doesn't like mines

day_zero = this map is basically an idol that you sacrifice points to in order to move on to the next one. A good objective map steadily increases the difficulty as it moves forward. This one starts with the hardest part at the beginning. You don't need to be a game designer to know what went wrong.

and now for the survival maps oh God

Survival rescape and rampage = nobody wants to play a survival version of objective maps. It's literally a downgrade. Who thought this was a good idea

forlorn bunker = Nothing mechanically wrong with it. But the design and atmosphere makes it dull, and lifeless. It simply feels bad to play on

plane factory = There are a handful of cadable spots on this map, and no one ever uses them. They all go to the cocking building immediately and goes down every fucking time

palace = The creator of this map doesn't know how a zombie spawn works. Its the same problem with tag_sealed. The nearest spots to humans are light years away thanks to the multiple floors but the game thinks its right next to them because it only factors X axis distance which doesn't account for the maze of stairs and hallways that will effectively halve the zombie team

housebreaking = This map is a zombie farm until the 5th wave where we lose every time. It's tedious to play on. The zombies have zero cover going to where the humans are, making it basically a shooting range. The only people who will get any enjoyment out of this are snipers. Anyone who's zombie is fucked until wave 5

haunted bayou = This map can actually be caded right, but no one seems to know how to do it. It leads to a fail game every time its played. Unless you have a renowned cader online, your fucked

winter forest = TEDIOUS AS SHIT MAP THAT FUCKS ZOMBIES SO HARD BECAUSE THE ONLY HAVE ONE ROUTE UPWARD WHERE THEY ARE PROMPTLY SHOT AND KILLED INSTANTLY BECAUSE THEY HAVE NO COVER HOLY SHIT! Its AFK bait to the extreme

water station = Almost impossible map that no one knows how to cade even though it can be done really easily. This map is mostly ruined due to player incompetence

amsterville = This is what I would like to call a maze map. Run around figuring out where the hell your supposed to go and half the human team dies

subversive = Why did you bring this map back. Fuck this map, take your plane and fly it into the nearest World Trade Center

insurance v4 = This map would be one of the best maps on the server if it weren't for the FUCKING OBSCENE RESISTANCE THE ZOMBIES HAVE THAT TURN YOUR GUNS INTO COTTON BALL SHOOTERS. It's especially bad for turrets and crossbows.

(this is the only map where I've seen a weapon do half of 1 point of damage. Let that sink in)

surfacing = There are cadable spots on this map with some decent props but no one ever thinks to go there and instead cade the God damn room with 2 entrances that never works

plaza = It sounds good on paper, but in reality, waiting for rooms to unlock each wave is ultimately pointless because by the time we have established a cade on the first wave, were not going to fucking abandon it and cade a supposedly better room. Doesn't matter anyway, because only a select few know how to cade this map right

orilla estate = A lot of these maps are simply bad because the players are bad. And this is one of them. Only one spot is ever caded and it never works as it has multiple entry points

manoir de something something = A map that's way to dark, and cannot be caded no matter how much you squirm. The only way its ever won is with zombie players that are supernaturally bad. It also ass ugly and has a puke pus voice bite that never goes away and annoys the living shit out of me

uglyfort = This is so far the shitmap with he longest lifespan on this server. It has literally ONE spot that can be caded because it has all the useful props. And it will absolutely never work unless the zombies are either really bad or AFK

school = Run around the map finding where everyone else is hiding and die along the way, can't wait. Its what I like to call AFK bait for zombies also

frozen v5 = This map has the same problem as housebreaking. The zombies are powerless until the near end of the game. This is what happens when they only have one way to get up to the spot everyone will cade no matter what happens. Also the music

small river = It's a small, it's lifeless, it's ugly as shit, and zombie victory is almost certain

evacuated town = There are spots that can be caded, but everyone will inevitably go to the jailhouse and die. No exceptions. This map is ruined due to stupid players, and you can't fix stupid

clean office = https://i.ytimg.com/...M/hqdefault.jpg

lost coast = A map that I consider actually impossible to beat. Even if the zombies are shit, you will not win this map. House maps are 90% of the time shit

castle defense = IF the humans don't get steam rolled by the zombies on wave 2, the humans basically win because of the OP ass bridge spot that no zombie will ever cross completely

aquabase = This is the worst fucking map when it comes to getting lost

grand canyon = Why did you add this foreskinning map on here. It has no decent cading spots. Finding your way up the canyon is tedious. It's just a chore to play

movingin = a lot of these maps are rendered uncadable simply due to the fact that all the potential spots have more than one entrance. Stop adding maps with rooms that have windows or vents that can be broken through

test facility = Who thought it was a good idea to halve our worth points at the beginning. It's also impossible to profit from, including on double points.

and the shittiest map award goes toooooooo

MLT FUCKING HOME = LITERALLY THE WORST MAP ON THE SERVER, IT IS THE NEW BUNGALOWS. YOU KNOW WHY IT'S SHIT, REMOVE IT AND APOLOGIZE FOR EVEN THINKING OF ADDING IT!

In conclusion, quality over quantity. We don't need any more new maps. It just prolongs the time we get to playing the actual good maps. Don't have the roster

so fucking big that it takes an actual 24 hour day to get through the whole thing. Have it loop at least once.

And I'm sure at least half of the maps that are added are going to end up on this list

Edited by Warmaster 4chan
  • Like 5

palace = The creator of this map doesn't know how a zombie spawn works. Its the same problem with tag_sealed. The nearest spots to humans are light years away thanks to the multiple floors but the game thinks its right next to them because it only factors X axis distance which doesn't account for the maze of stairs and hallways that will effectively halve the zombie team

Im very well aware of that, however there's nothing I can do about it, its more of a zs problem than a map problem. and I honestly think it should be fixed by taking in count "y" distance too.

Survival rescape and rampage = nobody wants to play a survival version of objective maps. It's literally a downgrade. Who thought this was a good idea

Yes its true. besides zs_rescape has a very nasty exploit spot where you can go in the crack in the ceiling and last there hours without any zombie touching you until wave 4/5.

Besides from that. both maps have a very bad zs design. are very small and have barely any spots to cade.

mine = I just don't like it. I'm literally the only person on this server who doesn't like mines

There's way worse details about this map. it looks like shit, the gameplay is garbage and easy to delay and break. The Map is short af and its really bad for zombies.

I agree it must be removed.

Everything else you listed is fine for me too to be removed. the rotation takes ages and I literally have to stay awake at 3 am sometimes just to get to play obj maps when the rotation finally unlocks.

• Like 1

Im very well aware of that, however there's nothing I can do about it, its more of a zs problem than a map problem. and I honestly think it should be fixed by taking in count "y" distance too.

I thought someone else made it into a survival map. As in the same genius that turned rampage and rescape into survival maps.

Edited by Warmaster 4chan

• 2 weeks later...

I've done some research and IMO these need a remove:

zs_grand_canyon_v3: This map has zero good cading spots... Sure it has 3 houses but are taken down very easily due to one house having a roof that enters the house... meaning theres 2 ways they can get in... Another house having 2 entry ways.... and ANOTHER having 4 entry ways ( including windows )... This map just really isn't that good for zs... The only reason I can see it being good is if someone has roaster rock or has a speed boost bonus crate.

zs_mlt_home_b2: There are 3 ways to get to good cading spots on this map... and here are the problems with those ways..

Climbing by aegis: Alright so sure this can happen but you have to be EXTREMELY fast and even when you are by the time you're all the way up fasties are unlocked due to so many people dying and you're screwed...

Climbing by parkour: You can climb your way up by jumping on little stones... The problem with this is most of the time people fail I've seen some of our best players fail to accomplish this.. PLUS if you take your time on this again.. fasties are unlocked and it equals a death...

Redeeming: Alright sure... You can redeem, But really wheres the fun in this... and you have to redeem relatively fast.. And there can only be so many redeemers.. So my suggestion either remove it or edit it to make it easier to get up to the good cading spots.

zs_castle_defense: this map is sorta the same problem with grand canyon... all the places you COULD cade are pretty bad... Although there is 1 house by wave 2-3 everyone has to push in meaning that cade has to last 3-4 rounds... Which it never really does 50+ pop.

zs_lost_coast_house_fixed_v2: Map is really small... And it doesn't ever last on a decent population...

There are plenty more bad maps on the server, this is just what I've written down....

Also like Warmaster said... We need to have quality over quantity.. We have a lot of bad maps... it shouldn't take 24 hours to reset maps.. Playing these bad maps also reduces the population when switching to them.

Btw I agree with pretty much his entire list.

Edited by Mr.Robot
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

zs_dl_powercliff

- The only good cading spots on that map are the huge ass room and the bathroom. It's a repetitive map and there is never any variety in gameplay.

zs_new_hope_hospital_v2b

- The only spot you can cade is in that long hallway. However, this map can still be redeemable if it can be slightly updated. Maybe it could have a window on the right side of the hallway to add more balance to the area.

zs_tag_sealed

- Everywhere on the map is extremely difficult to cade except the tall building, which makes it unbalanced. Also, the window at the final cade (the room in the wall) should be breakable, to fit with the map's style of having extremely hard cading spots.

all the zs versions of objective maps

- Why make an obj map a zs map? Just why?

Edited by Kirbs