Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Unban Request

bdubs85

1. Your in-game name: Usually iWhore, uDie, or something to that effect...this time it was "Homer is a Douche"

2. Server that you were banned on: DeDust2 Deathmatch

3. The Banning admin: i believe " [HG] Weeman0313 "?

4. Your Steam-Id: STEAM_0:1:3438213

5. Reason for ban: (wall of text incoming...apologies)

Normally, I jump into the HG deathmatch server after work to relax and chill out. I try to be respectful of everyone and not be too much of a jackass. After a while, someone with a HG tag, named Homer, starts calling some guy out in chat, saying he's going to ban him, etc, etc, etc...Bans are fine, if people are being jagoffs or breaking rules. However, things started getting pretty crazy, and nobody gets banned. So i ask Homer if he's really an admin, because if i was, i would've at least temp kick/banned the guy already.

Homer goes on to get nutty: just putting all sorts of crazy things in chat, like IMGAYS, WHORES, JEWS, and the gamut of all the offensive, racist names that jagoffs think of. At this point, i change my name to "Homer is a Douche", because that's how he was acting...like an absolute douchebag.

Maybe this is just in my mind, but i do believe that HG members are supposed to follow the rules, just like everyone else. There was another HG member playing at the time, but he didn't say or do anything about either situation. I finished my playing, and logged off. I try to log on today to find a ban.

I apologize if this wasn't the most appropriate way to express to Homer the fact that he was being a douchebag, but i certainly don't think that it merits a ban, especially since Homer himself changed his name to "Homer is a Douche is a douche" (meaning me...for the people that get lost in double negatives).

Edited by Moto

Banned for 2 weeks.

https://hellsgamers.com/sb/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A3438213+&Submit=

And perhaps you meant someone else, but Homer is our clan leader......I don't see him being the type to post racist things, spam, etc. >_>

Ban thread: http://www.hellsgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13539&highlight=STEAM_0%3A1%3A3438213

Edited by Slazenger
Added link to ban.

Banned for 2 weeks.

https://hellsgamers.com/sb/index.php?p=banlist&searchText=STEAM_0%3A1%3A3438213+&Submit=

And perhaps you meant someone else, but Homer is our clan leader......I don't see him being the type to post racist things, spam, etc. >_>

http://www.hellsgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13539&highlight=STEAM_0%3A1%3A3438213

Well, regardless of if he's clan leader or not, he was putting crap like "NI**ER, WHORES, JEWS", and some other crazy stuff. Maybe drunk? Who knows...

Also, why didn't homer himself ban me if he thought my name was offensive? Why did weeman?

**edit: just saw the last link, sorry...

Homer was there when i had that name. I changed it after a few minutes because he stopped acting like a douche.

Edited by bdubs85

Banned for 2 weeks.

Ban thread: http://www.hellsgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13539&highlight=STEAM_0%3A1%3A3438213

Also, the person with the HG - Homer tag, changed his name to "Homer is a Douche is like 47". Try referencing the name to a steam id and check past names.

Also, the person with the HG - Homer tag, changed his name to "Homer is a Douche is like 47". Try referencing the name to a steam id and check past names.

sorry, last post....check homer's ban record. he banned a guy named Niko the Angry Panda, who was impersonating Homer. I think that's who i was getting ticked off at. Not the "Actual" Homer.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Player ۜ[ۜNۜiۜkۜoۜ]ۜ

* No Demos

Steam ID STEAM_0:1:25608096

Steam Community 76561198011481921

IP address US 66.31.7.218

Invoked on 11-08-09 17:51

Banlength Permanent

Expires on Not applicable.

Reason Impersonated and Copied HG | Homers [C] exact name.

Banned by Admin HG | Homer [C]

Banned from Web Ban

Total Bans 2 (search)

Blocked (2) Niko the Angry Panda, Niko the Angry Panda

Guest Hamaerox
Banned for 2 weeks.

Isn't HG a community clan now? That i believe means it's not run by one person. I might be mistaken but i think some admin with the name homer was spamming this, I say this as i don't believe homer would say racisit things either but I just wanted to know :)

Isn't HG a community clan now? That i believe means it's not run by one person. I might be mistaken but i think some admin with the name homer was spamming this, I say this as i don't believe homer would say racisit things either but I just wanted to know :)

Sorry, but if you'd actually read the rest of the posts i've made...

1) there was someone in the server who put on homer's name (impersonation)

2) he acted like a douche

3) when i called him out on it and called him a douche, he (the guy who was banned for impersonating homer) took a screenshot

4) he posted on the forums and got me banned (because i called him a douche when he was impersonating Homer), but then got banned himself

5) i asked for an unban

6) now

As far as i can tell from the screenshot, You were aiming it at the REAL HG | Homer, Therefor Your really stupid to do so, But luckily we don't just ban people for being douches, But unlucky for you, this happened, we try to give second chances out and as Homer hasn't replied pissed off, i really don't think he cares.

I've seen you have got a decent apology and obvioulsy meen it, so I'll unban, if anyone wishes to readd this for what ever reason or i hear otherwise that you were told to change your name and did not, you will be rebanned.

Edited by 3D

As far as i can tell from the screenshot, You were aiming it at the REAL HG | Homer, Therefor Your really stupid to do so, But luckily we don't just ban people for being douches, But unlucky for you, this happened, we try to give second chances out and as Homer hasn't replied pissed off, i really don't think he cares.

I've seen you have got a decent apology and obvioulsy meen it, so I'll unban, if anyone wishes to readd this for what ever reason or i hear otherwise that you were told to change your name and did not, you will be rebanned.

What authority do you have to unban people over higher ups?

Well, looks like a regular member made a 'final call'

Apologies that actual Staff/Council member hasn't responded.

Your best bet to get someone's attention of a player (member or not) breaking our MOTD is to screenshot or demo the actions you find unwanted, bring to our attention via ban request forum, and we will take care of them accordingly.

Anyways, play nice, and, again, sorry for the much delayed response by Staff. :(

Frag on!

Edited by Moto

What authority do you have to unban people over higher ups?

Looking at the post, I'd no idea it was Weeman, He put a ? not sure wether it was him or not.

I'm sorry if i've caused such a HUGE amount of drama for unbanning somebody when they got banned for a practicle joke, If this is seriously such a big issue i can reban if needed.

Edited by 3D