Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs_D1_Trainstation_03

I posted a poll a few months ago on whether or not people thought d1_trainstation_03 from Half-Life 2 would make a good ZS map. I decided to go with it after getting positive feedback. Similar to the development of zs_randomfactory, I lost motivation when the map was 95% complete and I didn't touch it for a few months. Now, I think it's ready. Big thanks to ZS.Dylan for testing and providing useful feedback.

Remember: Most of this map was made by Valve! I just modified it for Zombie Survival.

zs_d1_trainstation_03 is the apartment level from the beginning of Half-Life 2, d1_trainstation_03, converted into a map for Zombie Survival. Several changes have been made to help make it more suitable for ZS gameplay. It's no longer set in the daytime, but most of the lighting should be more or less the same. Unused and unreachable areas have been restored, including the other half of the second floor and a leftover entryway on the top floor. The outdoor areas are now accessible as well. Most of the windows have been boarded up, but some of them have holes which can be used to anyone's advantage. Humans can shoot through the grates in the stairwells, but their "ceilings" are too high to barricade very well and some parts of the grates have been replaced with wooden panels.

There is also a functional playground in the courtyard. You might remember it as the classic physics showcase with the old carousel and the tic-tac-toe post with the missing block. Most of it shouldn't interfere with ZS, since they're unnailable and unbreakable, but bored zombies can use the playground and mean humans can shoot them from the windows.

I was not able to conventionally connect the courtyard to the street through the alleyway. You can still use the bottom floor of the building to go in between the two, but this area might be caded by humans. For zombies to easily go from the courtyard to the street and vice versa, I ended up using teleporters. They are located inside of the zombie spawns and they can be used by anyone. They are marked accordingly and shouldn't get in anyone's way.

There's not much else to this map. The attic is unusable, as well as the room leading to it. Props match the setting, so don't expect to find many barrels or pallets. There are no random events like zs_randomfactory.

You can find the Workshop page here. There are pictures there.

I hope this map turns out well. Nobody was against it in the poll, but I don't think they had these changes in mind. Have fun.