Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What Map Should I Work On Next?

acj2001

What should I do next?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

zs_d1_trainstation_03, a map that came out of a poll from a few months ago, has been finished and pushed to Ryze.

I was going to wait until zs_d1_trainstation_03 was on rotation and played before I posted this, but I've decided to post it now. I'm not exactly sure what map to work on next. I can't work on any of Ryze's challenge maps for various reasons. (Sorry Ryze! I'm sure other people are already working on them anyway.) I was planning on making zs_dev partly because of an idea suggested by someone else, but the person who suggested it turned out to already be working on it. Now, I'm not entirely sure what to do.

I've come up with a few ideas:

1. Convert another HL2 map

I don't want to "make" too many maps of this type, but they're cheap to produce and have the familiarity benefit.

If you have a specific map in mind, please share.

2. Create another map with random events

The main attraction of zs_randomfactory was its random events which occur at the end of every wave.

The events range from simple background effects to gamechanging catastrophes.

I already have ideas for other events that weren't used in zs_randomfactory, including events that weren't possible in that setting.

If you have any ideas, like more events or where the map should be set, please share. The events probably won't be too outlandish...?

3. Create a map with a new, unique idea

Maybe the map would have no gravity or something.

If you have anything specific in mind, please share.

4. Make something like zs_dev under a different name

I don't want to overshadow the upcoming zs_dev or be overshadowed by it, but to be fair I've thought about something like this for a long time.

Keep in mind you don't have to vote for this.

5. Create a normal ZS map with nothing special

In case you're getting tired of my shenanigans and want to see something normal from me.

Vote for which one I should do in the poll above. If you have a combination of these maps in mind, like a HL2 map with random events, feel free to tell me.

I'm the one who suggested zs_dev. If you want to make the map, go for it. I am still working on a different project so all I have is the spawn room down for zs_dev.

I'll work on it if it wins the poll, and even then I might put it under a different name and use my own ideas. Good luck with your other project!