Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Zs_Ghouls_Forest Beta 1

zs_ghouls_forest_b1 is an enormous 16000x16000 map with 128 player spawns set in a pitch-black forest. Survivors have to marathon/juggernaut their way to the last wave, there are absolutely no places to cade.

This is a little project I haven't said anything about, mostly because it's really experimental. To understand why it's an experiment I have to explain the gist of it. The Source engine was designed for corridor-to-corridor style maps. It does not handle large open areas very well, however, we can fake it by using some of the included entities and some special parameters.

By utilizing env_fog_controller's 'Far Z Clip Plane', I can control every model's view distance in the game, regardless of server-side scripts. Visibility is controlled by the client-side and doesn't affect any other users, so players aren't having to draw the entire open space at the same time, all of the time. (This may even affect zombie's ability to see far-away humans)

I'd only like to do a private test. Afterwards, it should be deleted. The map is under 19MB.

The freaky nature of this map is the feeling of being watched, and not knowing where to go. You're gonna have to stay on your toes for this one!

d690795c250aa5459537f5f3ffc62b35.jpg

ca640147aac8a86b6e6caa9fb05fc65f.png

Edited by MoonChickenDogRat