Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

(Gmod) Abuse Report (Smitty)

Adam Cole

Abuse Report

Abuser Name

Smitty

Abuser's Steam ID/Unique ID

STEAM_0:1:12861467

Where did this occur?

GMod

What server?

Zombie Survival

How long ago did this take place?

August 8th though the 10th

Give us a brief description of the incident.

Using an exploit involving ulx spectate to go though walls and into cades as a zombie. While he did report it he continued to preform the exploit well beyond what would be considered acceptable for testing and reporting.

Proof Links?

Reported it 24 hours before it was removed. Showed Grim how to do it, and tried to explain it to Destroyer where it fell upon deaf ears. I even added him in STEAM to explain it to him, where I was given the cold shoulder again. Logged in yesterday to see if the issue was resolved and it was. Evidently my reporting of a bug was handled, yet I'm still being punished for reporting a bug?

• Like 5

Reported it 24 hours before it was removed. Showed Grim how to do it, and tried to explain it to Destroyer where it fell upon deaf ears. I even added him in STEAM to explain it to him, where I was given the cold shoulder again. Logged in yesterday to see if the issue was resolved and it was. Evidently my reporting of a bug was handled, yet I'm still being punished for reporting a bug?

According to logs you reported it August 8th but it still shows that you used up to the point I had to remove it to stop the incidents from happening. Although you did report it and I do appreciate that, you continued to use the exploit after you had already reported the issue. Up to 8 pages worth of logs.

As for the command being removed from gold member that was taken as a temporary measure until this incident was resolved. I do plan on restoring the command back to gold after this as they do need it.

I remembered the bug from 2013 on the 8th. I tried to tell destroyer about it then (in your logs). On the 9th, I continued testing to see if it was only fast zombies that the bug effected. It was @ this time that I tried to tell destroyer about it again (in your logs). If you notice the timestamps in your logs the 10th was literally in the same session as the 9th. I know no one got along with Grim, which is why I tried on numerous occasions to tell someone who would actually convey the message (destroyer), yet, I wasn't even told If the bug had been conveyed to higher ups by him. Your logs only show me spectating, not changing zombie types, or seeing if the bug still worked as crow or as a boss zombie. I'll be the first to admit that I used the function to go into barricaded areas, ESPECIALLY when destroyer was on, out of hopes that maybe it would get his attention. Evidently it did.

Edit: Might i add that if destroyer or ANYONE had told me to stop testing the bug, i would have. No one said anything to me after the initial question of "how'd u do that". I wasnt even aware that any higher ups had been told about it until logging in yesterday to find spectate removed.

Edited by Smitty