Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ttt New Rule Suggestion Thread

The only issue with what he wants is that's it's a slippery slope rule wise.

Just spitballing ideas here, but what if there was a short period of time after damaging an innocent where traitor RDMing is revoked. My JB bias may be showing, but similar to the minimum rebel timer of 5 seconds. This would make it so those blatant situations of being caught red handed directly after killing an innocent play out more reasonably, but put a hard cap on this admittedly slippery slope.

The plugin could be easily modified to show timestamps of actions, or do the simple math of the timing between actions for us, so admins could tell in the logs.

Just spitballing ideas here, but what if there was a short period of time after damaging an innocent where traitor RDMing is revoked. My JB bias may be showing, but similar to the minimum rebel timer of 5 seconds. This would make it so those blatant situations of being caught red handed directly after killing an innocent play out more reasonably, but put a hard cap on this admittedly slippery slope.
so you're saying once an inno is damaged you cant rdm an T for five seconds?

QUOTED SO MUCH THAT IT FUCKED UP QUOTES SORRY

FROM BOBBY

I understand this point and why the rules are the way they are, I just wish there was a fair and reasonable way to allow for KOSing blatant traitorous acts that are just barely outside your field of view. I was in the tunnels of clue the other day and a little ways behind a fellow innocent who turned around a corner in front of me. He then had a T run up behind him and shoot him with the T on my screen while the inno had just left it. I shot the T out of instinct as it was clear what just happened, but had to take a slay because "you couldn't see what he was shooting at". This kind of thing is extremely frustrating and I wish there was at least a way to soften the rules a little to avoid situations like this.

"TTT New Rule Suggestion Thread", just a suggestion I thought I'd throw out there, thought that was what this thread was for...

FROM ME

Renaming the Thread would probably do better. When i quote a staff member saying " the rules we have are badass just need to written down because of trolls in and out of HG that say if its not in writing its not a rule " name='Jericho' timestamp='1503670926' post='764199']

FROM JERICHO

Actually Bobby is completely in the right about suggesting change considering the name of the thread. If you are going to disagree with someone at least have some input rather than saying random things that have no constructive thought to them. I get what Bobby wants and it's definitely fair. The only issue with what he wants is that's it's a slippery slope rule wise.

[/]"

FROM BOBBY

'bobbythed' timestamp='1503357536' post='763660']

I don't play a TON of TTT, but I'd always wondered what it'd be like if there was no such thing as RDMing a traitor. There are plenty of times I am absolutely positive someone is a T and would be willing to bet my slay/kick/ban on it not being an RDM.

I'm also certain the rules are the way they are for a reason, and there are likely endless counterpoints to this idea, but I suppose that's what this thread is for.

Edit: My main reason for this is I dislike the "Common sense doesn't apply on TTT" which causes us to constantly have to explain to new players why they can't just shoot someone when it's blatant they are a traitor. Yes it'll lead to more RDMs, but it'll also make the gamemode more accessible to new players. Oftentimes they'll be visciously scorned for RDMing a traitor who was just around a corner and killed their friend which leads to them not wanting to stick around. People tend to understand getting slain if they make a mistake and kill an innocent, but I cannot begin to count the number of times I've had to explain the server rules to noobs.

FROM ME

Common Sense, is what this server from what I understand is what was not wanted. To combat the Common Sense which bobby was talking about on Clue in his previous Post, we should make T-Baiting Kosable. BUT that opens up possibilities to RDMS. So Where as I agree bobby you should have killed him, what if he was shooting at an inno. you would take a slay-kick-ban faster then ever before because the " He was shooting at someone " yet you dont know who shot first or anything.

FROM BOBBY

The plugin could be easily modified to show timestamps of actions, or do the simple math of the timing between actions for us, so admins could tell in the logs.

FROM ME

about bobby spitballing the timer for 5 seconds i honestly dont even have anything to say except wayyyyyyy too much time on JB.

Edited by kr0nikpuff