Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

The Toxicity And Salt In 10 Man

Comic King

Yes this is a competitive game and a little bit of general trash talk is expected, but when its the same person (usually younger players) on the receiving end of that trash talk/borderline toxicity, this can make them not enjoy themselves on 10man or in HG servers in general and may result in them not wanting to be part of HG anymore, which is always sad to see.

+1 young person here, stopped playing 10man because I constantly get yelled at because of how bad I am

From the member guidelines:

1. Do not be an asshole, disrespectful, degrading! Always respect your fellow members.
  2. No foul, degrading,, bullying, or racist remarks allowed. Respect members from other countries!

From the MOTD of 10man:

No trash talk to the point where it is unfriendly

No douchebaggery

Be respectful to everyone! A certain amount of smack-talk is ok, but do not be disrespectful.No bind spamming (2 or more times) or any spamming of any kind

I think that even though member guidelines quotes aren't part of the MOTD, those rules should be respected, when you are playing on the 10man server(s).

I agree that little amount of smack-talk is fine, but to be fair it shouldn't be happening after every single round. Also it is always very depresssing to play when own teammate flames others on deaths,fails,lost rounds etc.

Kinda missing to play those good and fun 10mans.

• Like 2

Honestly, there isn't even that much flaming anymore. I used to do it A TON back when I was mod, (xd) but it doesn't happen too much anymore. The only time I see bad players get yelled at for performing poorly is when they do not listen to simple directions. Like when I tell a silver to drop an m4 that he picked up on an eco to spawn who only has a deagle, and he decides not to do so. Then he peeks, whiffs, dies and successfully loses us the round. Obviously, I'm not going to be too happy with him...

Back in the day before 10man was a safe space, jailbreakers would get berated every single game just for being bad. I happened to be some shitty css jailbreaker back then, but I still ended up playing 10mans all day long, and just dealt with the salty folks.

Point is, the current flame on 10man is pretty minimal, and I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to minimize it anymore than it already has been.

Seriously. I can't believe there are actually threads complaining about y'all's ten man's now. Back in the day jetta, koth , and I would rip in to jail breakers in ten man's. I don't know y'all's rules but since I've been back nobody has even been what I would consider mean. I think y'all's ten man's are supposed to be more competitive and with that is going to come a skill gap. If you can't play with that skill gap and understand that if you are bad you might get shit talked then don't play.

10 man should be for fun not saying others are bad at the game

Edited by StrawBerryNinja

Played my first 10 man game tonight, just felt like any other competitive game. Some people might get mad if you don't clutch or if you mess up but it's nothing out of the ordinary for people who play any competitive game. That being said, I didn't experience any unbearable toxicity or trash talking so maybe I didn't play enough to judge it accurately.

Here's a quick tutorial to resolve this issue:

• You should play with friends so you don't get easily triggered.
  • Go into an empty TS channel and use it as your safe space.
  • Don't surround yourself with competitive vibes if you can't take a little bit of trash talking.

​

C: I hope this helped resolve your issue.