Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Vote To Remove Wendigo

Northground

Removing Wendigo  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The boss Wendigo is something that has been been debated since it was first implemented, that is if it is balanced and fair enough for the players. Its purpose in the game is to counter runners by knocking them down in one hit, once you are hit its very unlikely that you will be able to get back up again because of him just running back up to your body. In my opinion this boss in very unfair to the runners of the gamemode. If you compare it to the Butcher which is also is a boss for killing runners, its easy to see why Butcher is better for both Zombies and Humans. While a Wendigo can knock someone down easily regardless of skill it can only manage to get 1-3 kills while the humans are aware that its attacking them because of the time it takes to kill a human. A Butcher on the other hand can be counterd by a skilled player and in the same time get a lot more kills in totatal. I see no reason for keeping this boss but making the game sour for people. So discuss below and vote if it should be removed or not.

• Like 3

Who is Silly ? Link ? Eton ? zs players ? No so why vote here guys?

For one, I know Silly plays a bit. As for the others it doesn't really matter if they play or not. The final judgement will consider all votes where those who play and know more will have a greater weight vote. Just cause someone doesn't play doesnt mean they might not follow the gamemode. But, those who do play a lot are the ones that the votes will have a more valuable vote. If you prefer, you may calculate only those who play zs but its a public poll for anyone to vote in.

• Like 2

Yes they are hg members. But there are many sections with different games that each have their own particularities. Fouling a vote while not playing this game does not contribute to the improvement of hg.

There's a chance they probably have played it before, but either way they can vote if they want. When it comes to the final decision for choosing if its removed or not, we know who really means yes and who really means no.

To be honest I think the Wendigo is just a dumb boss. It has its time and place but that's a rare time with the way the game mode is being played with less runners. Usually you see it used during the first round to get a couple of kills but then its useless for the rest of the game. Most kleiners pick it because it looks/sounds cool and end up wasting a valuable boss slot for the zombies that could be used to help them win the game. Now back to its uses, as soon as 1 person is hit its over for them unless the Wendigo is terrible. There's no way to get away once down because you're usually jumped by a few more zombies and then die. If the wendigo had some more uses or a 1-2 sec moment after the human gets up so that the wendigo couldn't instantly down you, then id say the boss is fine. As it is right now I feel like it should be removed.

-Grim

• Like 3

Yes they are hg members. But there are many sections with different games that each have their own particularities. Fouling a vote while not playing this game does not contribute to the improvement of hg.

They actually are contributing. I'll just say this now: Polls only help developers gage community feedback, they are not the deciding factor. They help for sure, but it's also possible to have a vote that says no but we still do it.

About the vote for nerf the medkit, there were many good players who had to vote yes but this was refused ...

wFsc9De.png

• Like 2

I voted no, not because the wendigo is fine the way it is, the butcher is much more effective at trying to counter runners and unless it changed, heros from bonus crates have a hard time dealing with wendigo. But, i chose no because I like the design of the wendigo and I believe that the boss should be implemented in a different way so as to be different from other bosses in how to deal with the opposing human team.

My suggestions I guess include giving wendigo a fire effect aura akin to immolator and make its attacks fire based, give it just slightly more damage than immolator while hitting props but make its fire last much longer or make wendigo similiar to chrono butcher in a way but instead of attacking ppl within the cade, make it sort of possess a player, not possess in way to control him/her but make it so that the player who is possessed can do friendly fire on their own teammates but the wendigo takes damage over time while possessing.

• 2 weeks later...