Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Point Spending Idea:

Modernman826

Add a camo/skin to each weapon that you have to unlock and purchase with points? To get to purchase the camo/skin; you must do the following:

-Be on the MVP (Most View Player) at the end of each game.

-Has a rare chance to recieve the camo/skin

-Must pay points for it. (Each one costs 5000 points.)

-If a player dies and the weapon drops that has a skin on it, the player who doesn't have the skin unlocked is back to default.

Is this a good idea?

• Like 1

That kinda ruins the points of skins in pretty much any game...

He's saying if someone drops a weapon with a skin and you pick it up BUT you don't have the skin yourself, the gun you pickup has the default skin.

Add a camo/skin to each weapon that you have to unlock and purchase with points?

We have already tried this before back when AzoNa was still around, never happened though. I think Super has done some skin work for some weapons before but it just hasn't made it into the game yet...

I know, but it ruins the point by preventing showing off the skin to your friends.

Not really, it wont matter anyways since people have hundreds of thousands of points. Either way you don't buy a skin just to show it off (if you do then that's just saying "hey look I spend money on pixels to try and impress people online") you buy skins cause its like eye candy for yourself, not for others. Sure its nice to be able to show it off, but that shouldn't be your main reason for buying a skin...

I know, but it ruins the point by preventing showing off the skin to your friends.

Mate, the reason why it would be better to do that is because it's for the PLAYER, not for others. If they bought the skin with points, then yes its for other as well. It wouldn't be a point spender if the person who buys the skin and drops it for everyone, it wouldn't be fun nor worth it to spend the points. Also, alot of people have atleast over +5k points, so it wouldn't be that big of a problem.

• Like 1

That idea wont happen because you can easy bypass the texture in gmod folder like i did, I modified some weapon color gold

Doesn't mean it "won't" happen, it can. If you have skins on your weapons already doesn't mean they will just shut it all down because of one guy. It's the persons choice if they do that, but its for people who want a different taste.

• Like 1