Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Starting loadouts

MN ZS FAN

You can save loadouts, You can favorite them you can do all that, but when I join late or don't pick a loadout, It gives me a random loadout. So what is the use of favoriting loadouts if you're gonna get berserker and pistol when you join late/don't pick loadouts. So my suggestion is to make favorited loadouts automatically be given to you when you don't pick a loadout or join late.

:monkey:

• 2 months later...

Touching on that, is it possible for there to be a mechanic where during Pre-game (before Wave 1) you can change what initial loadout you picked before you either make an item purchase or drop a weapon etc or within 5 seconds of picking a loadout?

EDIT: As in if you pick the wrong loadout by accident.

Edited by Lychee
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting, I haven’t received a random loadout in over a year and I frequently join late (wave 1 - between 2:20 - 0:05) because I’m overseas on my laptop and the wifi here is pretty trash, but anyways when I finally load in the game I’m instantly greeted with the HGZC server rules & my worth menu, which I then respond by choosing one of my favorite loadouts and then I end up receiving said loadout with no problems.

Yesterday when I joined in a game, late as usual, I realized that I was being attacked, so instead of clicking on one of my favorite loadouts in the worth menu, I clicked the exit button because it was the closest to my cursor then I ran away and by the time I found safety, the first wave ended. At this point I didn’t have a single item, no berserker, no pistol, nothing but my fist.

I thought that was weird because I usually would have received a random loadout by now like you said, but I still had nothing. So during wave 1 intermission I had the urge to make a new favorite loadout, which I did by simply clicking “F2”, which brought up the arsenal menu then I clicked on the “worth menu” option, which brought me to my favorite loadouts, then right after I finished creating my new favorite loadout, I accidentally clicked on “check out” because of habit & then wa-lah, the loadout I created spawned in my inventory & on screen in text. 

Keep in mind that I have never tried spawning in a loadout after Wave 2 and I have never tried picking up any additional weapons or items before spawning in a loadout. 

Initially I thought that this was just a new feature that was added in game to replace the randomly generated loadouts for late spawners but according to you its not, but that’s not the case for me but I’m not complaining. 

If it turns out that this is a bug or if this only happens to me because my internet is just that fucked, then I support your idea of removing the randomly generated loadouts for favorite generated loadouts for those who join in the game late, its a good idea but here’s the problem.
The only problem with your idea is whenever new players join our server, they won’t have a favorite loadout because they’ve never played here. So they would just be walking around with nothing but their fist and this is bad for a lot of reasons but mainly because they are essentially a free kill and the user UX behind that feature would be terrible, so you want to arm them off the back if they are unable to arm themselves so that they can protect themselves and earn money for anything they want and thats where randomly generated loadouts come in. 

So I think we should keep randomly generated loadouts but just delay the time until the random loadout is given. I think the time to give randomly generated loadouts to people who join in late should be delayed until 1:30 on wave 1 since this is the average time that it takes people like me with crappy internet to fully load in the game. This gives most people more than enough time to choose a favorite loadout or even create a new favorite loadout before being issued a random loadout. 

• Like 4