Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mandatory Alive Time To Join CT

Witt

Is this a good idea?  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Imagine you are a newer player to JailBreak and you just got to 400 Rep and you bought a USPS! You are so excited but you keep it hidden. The lead opens cells and then instructs everyone to walk to the big cage. So without hesitation you walk to the big cage and with the key you claimed you get 10 rep. The lead then decides its a pokemon day and you are chosen to be a pokemon. Not the kind of day you wanted but you save your gun for later. As you approach the red marker to battle for your life a new ct that just got on the game tonight shoots you thinking you are rebelling. There goes all your rep you spent and worked so hard to get. This is just one of the many reasons why I feel we need mandatory alive times as a T to join CT like 3 to 4 hours. 

I used to play Jailbreak on EGO servers and the freekills and free shots were very very rare, due to the 8hr alive time needed when you first get into their server. This is a one time thing, you dont have to do it every time you join the server, you just need 8hrs alive on your record and then when ever you want you can join ct. It was a very good system.

Now let me list why we need a mandatory T alive time to join CT.

1. New players shoot stack alot, when they are on T it give them time to observe.

2. New players don't know all the unique rules on the HGJB server, for example. baiting, ALOT of new players bait because baiting is more strict on HGJB, and new player bait because they haven't had time to observe.

3. Just like in the beginning I said new players shoot stack alot, well if you just spent alot of rep on supplies and you get freekilled because of a stack shooter then it makes the game less enjoyable.

4. It deters MFK, because most people that MFK usually don't intend on playing the server for a long time, so they hop on and join ct and just go off.

Just like how we don't just hand strangers in the mall guns and then tell them to secure the mall, they have to go through extensive training and shadowing to be able to have people lives in their hands. The same can be said about Jailbreak, these kids get on, type !queue and join ct, then make the game not fun for the rest of the server. Just something to think about. 

• Like 1

I see your reasoning, but by doing this, we would lose a lot of new players, which isn’t worth it. All that is needed is, when the new CT baits, freekills, etc, an admin/mod should just drop him a message explaining what happened and how this server works. People just need to be more willing to help new people instead of screaming and being toxic at them for making a mistake.

We have a thread like this pop up probably every couple weeks I feel or someone ask if it’s something we can do. We have admins on and we try our best to handle when individuals freeshoot/freekill etc and yeah it’s discouraging to lose the rep in this example, but there isn’t a ton that could be done in this example.