Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Add more maps to the rotation

Kirbs

Instead of only having ~130 maps on the rotation,  there could be 1000+ maps , with a 24-hour cooldown before a played map can be voted again. Is there a reason there is a limited number maps on the rotation?

Edited by Kirbs

Having 1000 maps is way too many. I think we're good with what we have now. In my mind, the reason we have this setup is probably that a good chunk of the maps that are/were on the rotation are hardly ever played. People vote for the map that gets the highest peak of votes first and/or maps that are "popular". Again, no one votes for certain maps so the best way to make sure all of the maps get decent playtime or at least a chance at decent playtime is to limit the amount that we have on rotation.

Edited by mrrobot
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Kirbs said:

Instead of only having ~130 maps on the rotation,  there could be 1000+ maps , with a 24-hour cooldown before a played map can be voted again. Is there a reason there is a limited number maps on the rotation?

The reason why we don't have 1000+ maps is for bot pathing. Plus I don't think alot of people would like to download 1000 ZS map for one server.

We do have a lot more maps, but a lot got removed about a month ago because they were hardly played/never won.  I agree with mrrobot that we have a good amount of maps, maybe a few more would be nice but if we had 1000 maps with a 24 hour cool down we would pretty much play the exact same maps every other day

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...