Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

FroxyProxy's Guide on How to be a Decent CT

FroxyProxy

Are you tired of getting your 12th time out in one day? Have you ever dreamed of being a good ct? well  here are some tips that hopefully helps somebody. I spend most of my time on jb as a ct, and here are some things i learned.

1. Know the rules

this is kind of common sense, but you should know the rules before you play ct. I would suggest playing T first. While it does sound counterproductive it is a great way to learn rules. Common rules including not baiting (going near the ts) or camping (pretty much self explanatory).

2. Help the lead

Now this one is also common sense, but a lot of new cts tend to wonder around the map instead of helping the lead. For example, if the lead says an order that involves ts being in the blue room area, cts should position themselves near the blue room control room and lr factory/obs. That will help to stop mass rebels that happen when there are not any cts around. 

3. Common Binds

Now this is where this gets a bit interesting. If you lead, you should have a lead bind 

bind x "say !lead"

(change x to whatever key you like)

This is especially useful when a lead just dies and you want to take over lead as fast as possible so you get the ts under control. 

Another cool bind for leads is the jetpack bind. Leads can get the jetpack for free, but any ct can buy it for 150 rep. This is a good way to view the ts and also get out of a sticky situation (like if you accidentally bait or ts come at you)

bind x +jetpack

(change x to whatever key you like,  also if your a normal ct if you hit the jetpack key it prompts you to buy it)

Another cool bind for cts include a flashlight bind, it is very useful to spot invis people and could stop a day from being ruined. 

bind x "sm_ flashlight"

4. Now on to some tips/common knowledge

When the round starts and the ts are still in their cells, try to see if a coin is in sight (obviously dont go into places like pool or knife arena to check, stay in main cells). This will come handy later when you see a chat message of someone collecting the coin, since you know they are around the coin. For example, if I see a coin in shot for shot, and later in the game when all ts are in pool I see that coin has been collected, i know there is someone rebelling in S4S. 

When you hear a wall breaking, it is either someone in upper vip, jjk, or armory vents. Either way, you can come cut them off at the entrance or the exit.

When you see in chat that someone is made a rebel for exactly 20 seconds, it is likely that they took the first cell teleport into kitchen, but watch your back as they might've already teleported into infirm with the microwave. 

When a lead loses lead for whatever reason (fired/passed/died), don't shoot at any t that are not red, even if they haven't been following the lead's orders, since there the lead is not lead anymore the old orders are invalid, and therefore you will be freekilling.  

Don't be in front of cells, especially when lead gives the "when the cell doors open order", since the doors are going to open very soon and you are probably going to bait. Honestly you don't even have to be near the ts, since there are catwalks nearly everywhere on the map.

Know the gun locations, since the first goal of rebels is to get their hands on a gun. The guns include: Guns in armory, awp and deagle on top of cells, scout near the offices, the p2k in chapel, five seven on the table in offices, r8 revolver behind the scoreboard of soccer, the bizons in kitchen, the pistol in the janitor's room in pool, and the usp in the jjk secret room. Be aware that they are allowed  to have guns though, as long as they are not red or disobeying the orders. 

Hopefully this helped, have fun playing ct!

• Thanks 2