Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mouse Suggestions

Lucas15

I use a razer viper mini and it is perfect for my hand size, it is also pretty light at 60 grams or something. It is $30 so it is pretty affordable imoI use a razer viper mini and it is perfect for my hand size. It is also pretty cheap, i think its like 30 dollars. The glorious mouses (mice whatever) are pretty good too.

• Like 1

I've used the same mouse for the last 6 years. Even when a side button stopped working on the first one after I dropped it down the stairs, I bought the exact same mouse to replace it. 

Fair warning, if you get this mouse and love the button scheme, you will be stuck with it until logitech hopefully makes a new version. 

The logitech g602

It ticks all the boxes for a decent mouse, but where it exceeds the others is the button layout. 

IMG_20201223_093304__01.thumb.jpg.0600e8aa18ebdbbbe4c247a1a7840ef2.jpg

Six thumb buttons. 

As someone with small hands, I've never gotten used to using the number buttons for switching weapons in csgo, and the crtl key is quite a stretch. This is how I have configured my thumb buttons;

1(knife)            crtl(crouch)         q(push to talk) 

3(primary)       shift(walk)           2(pistol)

By having 1 and 3 on the front buttons you can use them to quick switch out of scoped weapons easily. 

I highly recommend it even if you don't need all the buttons. The batteries usually last me about 6 months, and it's very comfortable. 

It's usually around $40, the price should go back down when amazon gets more in stock

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B00E4MQODC

• Like 1

Steelseries rival 650 the best mouse to ever be made. The best sensor on the market and wireless. The mouse is bigger and heavier compared most mice on the market but i have big hands so the size is perfect and i got used to the weight and dont notice it within like a week of having it

• Like 1

mice are pretty inexpensive, they're semi-good for companionship but you run the risk of breaking their tiny bodies when you wish to give them affection. instead, opt out for a rat as they're everything a mouse can be but better, bigger, live longer and if you lose it in the house or it steals from nextdoor, you can readily club like how they club seals in canada, sick bastards.

My taste and recommendation of a new mouse for you has to be a "RAZER DeathAdder RZ01-00151400-R3U1 Black Wired Optical Precision Gaming Mouse". Still a good gaming mouse for the past 11 years and it just so happens to fit what you're looking for.

Link to purchase - https://www.newegg.com/razer-rz01-00151400-r3u1-deathadder/p/N82E16826153055

• Like 1

I recently just switched to a Corsair M55 RGB PRO. It's got a PMW3327 sensor which is basically an upgraded PMW3325 sensor, with a higher tracking speed and sensor resolution. It also has 2 left and 2 right side buttons, it's big enough for my large hands, it's lightweight and it's got a very nice symmetrical shape.

I'd recommend going to BestBuy and checking out what they got on display that way you can get hands on with the mouse before you buy. Pretty much anything there labeled for gamers will have sufficient technologies built in.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, parallax said:

How do you like the Corsair mice? I was thinking of getting a Deathadder tbh I want to hear some opinions before I make the purchase :unsure:

Not a fan of Corsair peripherals after having some issues with past ones. But the Razer Deathadder has a decent feel and fits well in my big boy hands. To be fair though I've only used it for a few days at most.

1 hour ago, parallax said:

How do you like the Corsair mice? I was thinking of getting a Deathadder tbh I want to hear some opinions before I make the purchase :unsure:

I personally moved back to my HyperX Pulsefire Core because the Corsair was just too big and didn't feel that great in my hand. Which I liked the Corsair at first until I was using my HyperX on another PC and just forgot how much I liked it.

I'd recommend almost anything from SteelSeries or Logitech

Edited by 40889_1540458538
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Lucas15 said:

Not a fan of Corsair peripherals after having some issues with past ones. But the Razer Deathadder has a decent feel and fits well in my big boy hands. To be fair though I've only used it for a few days at most.

I used to use the Deathadder back in like 2015/2016 and after a few months the Left & Right mouse buttons started double clicking by themselves or sometimes just spam clicking. I got Razer to send me a new one but the same issue started about a week into using the new one. I've also had a few family members that have had the same exact issue all the way up until 2018 so hopefully they fixed the design since then.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigb5wm said:

Make sure the mouse has one of the crosshair buttons and you will be set 

I've never found a use for them honestly. I rebound the one on my g502 to pause/play Spotify :P 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lucas15 said:

I've never found a use for them honestly. I rebound the one on my g502 to pause/play Spotify :P 

What keyboard do you use? I think most keyboards, even cheap office keyboards have media keys integrated into the F9-F12 keys, which can pause/play media and skip/go back a track. Though they aren't remappable (not natively I don't think) unless you have a somewhat decent keyboard with 3rd party software, it still frees up that mouse button for something more useful. Assuming you have those media keys.

Just now, spankzzzzz said:

What keyboard do you use? I think most keyboards, even cheap office keyboards have media keys integrated into the F9-F12 keys, which can pause/play media and skip/go back a track. Though they aren't remappable (not natively I don't think) unless you have a somewhat decent keyboard with 3rd party software, it still frees up that mouse button for something more useful. Assuming you have those media keys.

I have dedicated media keys on my keyboard but in case someone is talking or I need to hear quickly, I have it conveniently on my mouse. Also sometimes if I'm leaning back in my chair, my mouse is more in reach than my keyboard. I could give it another use for sure, but I'm contempt with it as it is.

• Like 1

If you haven't made a purchase yet @parallax, I want to add in that I do recommend the Deathadder. The Deathadder was a superb mouse when it wasn't having issues. Especially if you already use a somewhat bigger sized mouse with somewhat similar ergonomic design, definitely get it. Also, the Deathadder V2 is ~$20 more than the V1 and I can bet they most likely fixed any design flaws or defects if any.

• Like 1