Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Is the current zombie setting unfriendly to melee players?

foxfox

Because of the high network ping, I usually choose to be a melee weapon for defense. In the last few updates, poisonous zombies will release poisonous fog (this is okay, I think this is a good attempt). In normal mode, when wave6, it will unlock a long attack range, which looks like a  tickle  boss (sorry I forgot its name). Melee players will be severely tested, and their casualties are usually higher than ordinary players.

The most serious is that in the death hour mode, the flame explosion zombies unlocked by wave5 and the burning tickling zombies unlocked by wave6 pose a lot of threats to melee players.

In fact, in DH mode, it is basically impossible to use melee weapons to defend on wave5 and wave6. Burning Tickling Zombies hits the player twice to kill a player with 100 HP.

Not to mention buying upgraded boss zombies, basically you can hit 150+ damage value in one attack.

So I suggest to increase the talents of melee players, such as more resistance to damage talent and resistance to burning talent. After all, having nothing to do in wave6 is frustrating.

Melee main during dh is much tougher, yes.  There is a perk, “pyromaniac”, that makes you take less fire damage.  It’s under the “offensive” perks tab.  You can also get the perk “vaccination” that helps considerably against poison.  If you combine those perks with the health perks (~20 extra hp) and the armour perk (~40 extra armour that regenerates), it’s much more manageable. 

The key to melee maining is to understand the range of each zombie, as you can outreach most of them.  For fire tickles, you need to angle yourself near a wall so that they can’t hit you as easily, but you gotta rely heavily on med mains.