Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cader Protection?

Zia.

So this seems to be an ongoing frustration. No one ever wants to step up and cade, and when someone does they're usually picked as a zombie because they spent the setup time cading and not hiding in a corner. Is there some sort of way to implement immunity based on props nailed or is creating something like that too difficult with the Source engine. Am I suggesting this because it keeps happening to me and I'm salty? Yes, but I know other main caders get hit with it too.

• Like 1

At the same time this would probably make it too easy for people to make good cades (I really like this idea though). The rushed aspects and shitcades are part of the more entertaining aspects of ZS imo, where allowing people to make several good cades would make it feel too controlled and easy. 

Immunity based on nailed props = 50 people nailing a random prop or two to avoid being selected. 

While the selection system does adversely affect players trying to help the team (e. g. throwing up a few props when there’s no cade with 30 seconds left), but any way to “protect” them from being selected would be incredibly easy to abuse (nailing one prop halfway across the map).  

I do kinda miss when the selection system was varied, closest to zspawn is kinda lame.  There are times when every single player is in the safety corner, and anyone not halfway across the map gets picked, but every selection method will have this (ground level = all players up high, focal point = all players in the very corner).  

9 hours ago, Major C. said:

Immunity based on nailed props = 50 people nailing a random prop or two to avoid being selected. 

That's what I figured would happen too, it'd be abused too easily.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 8:01 AM, Bmoney said:

Furthest from supply selected as volunteer was added and tested but had issues so it got removed. If it ever gets reimplemented with no issues it would solve the issue of caders getting chosen. 

I think Harle said he's got it mostly working. The current problem is if one Supply has more humans then the other, the other just gets ignored entirely.