Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

need a change

The purpose of this thread is to ask the clan if there is something else i can do to help out.

I'm mostly known as a jail admin and recruiter and sadly its taking a toll on me.

I'd like to devote the time and energy i was using to admin JB (a lot) to helping the clan some other way.

I enjoy making decisions and giving input and my first choice would be helping staff with ban reports and t-listings, ect.

Please let me know if theres anything else i can do. I've been representing the clan as a [R] for the past few months and im not the kind of guy that is content staying in the same gear.

Here to help, Hippie

Edited by Never trust a hippie

What's the darksid? Do they have punch and pie?

Hippie: you don't have to be in any special position to look at demos, staff pretty much a fully able to do that for themselves. T-list/bans its all pretty much automated. Just play the game, post ban reports and things like that, even friends of hg can dfo that.

If staff is what you want to be, I would suggest an over all attitude adjustment. For the most part, our staff members are calm and speak professionally. Very seldome do they take to cussing out people via the forums. Integrity helps quite a bit.

Edited by SniperWolfMGS

Im usually a very eloquent speaker but the stress of jail admining did make me lose my cool on the last report. Hence this thread.

I would like to be a staff member eventually but I am aware that I need to learn some of the inner workings and become a veteran member first.

I know I dont have to be staff to look at demo's but I like to make decisions, not give opinions.

The purpose of this thread is to ask the clan if there is something else i can do to help out.

I'm mostly known as a jail admin and recruiter and sadly its taking a toll on me.

I'd like to devote the time and energy i was using to admin JB (a lot) to helping the clan some other way.

I enjoy making decisions and giving input and my first choice would be helping staff with ban reports and t-listings, ect.

Please let me know if theres anything else i can do. I've been representing the clan as a [R] for the past few months and im not the kind of guy that is content staying in the same gear.

Here to help, Hippie

Well....I DO need a beta testing team for my plugins...hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm =P

Hippie, biggest piece of advice I can give you is to be patient. Keep filing ban requests/reports, and really tone down with the attitude. I've noticed in most unban requests where you were the banning admin you come in yelling and screaming. That's not what HG wants from it's Staff members. Also, yes you are very active on the forums, but what actual experience do you have catching hackers? There are some wall hacks that if you don't know what to look for you will never see.

Hippie, biggest piece of advice I can give you is to be patient. Keep filing ban requests/reports, and really tone down with the attitude. I've noticed in most unban requests where you were the banning admin you come in yelling and screaming. That's not what HG wants from it's Staff members. Also, yes you are very active on the forums, but what actual experience do you have catching hackers? There are some wall hacks that if you don't know what to look for you will never see.

The attitude needs some work i agree, and i really appreciate the advice guys.

As far as actual experience with hackers and such, my experience up until now comes from playing cs:s for many years.

I also founded a few small clans 3-500 people-ish.

I've rented and set up my own servers from counter-strike.com and gameservers.com.

I had a jailbreak server for 2 years that i had configured as well as i could using eventscripts for a while then a combination of SM and ES. I have set up a zombie mod server and help with a fun server.

We had a global ban system also and i still have the webspace.

I've had a lot of help from some smart kids doing that stuff, I've been taught some of the the exploits/scripts and hacks and cracks from them. I dont wanna drop names but Drunken f00L helped me out with some add-ons as well.

Security was my main focus id say, i hated getting crashed and by the end of it I had it down for sure but im sure things have changed a lot. I used to go into servers, hack their rcon password, then offer to fix their security issues.

I was usually welcome and actually made friends doing that. Ya gotta figure it takes one to know one.

I currently perform run downs on everyone i can as far as research of their steam id and looking for different bans from other clans and their reason's.

I have people that know me and PM me if they think someones hacking on D2 or office ect... I'm beginning to start learning Python, what got me into that was just editing other peoples scripts (name drop BonBon) to suit my own needs.

I never finished high school but this is what im interested in: Networking/Hardware(built my own box, could be a server)/Security/some scripting.

Sorry if i strayed off topic there. The point i think was, yes i have some experience running a clan, managing admins and permissions and catching hackers. Im 26 and i've been through all that and got sick of it.

I wanted to just be a part of something bigger and not deal with admins and payments and abusers so thats why i wanted to join HG. Im glad i did.

Im not ripping my hair out or anything, I can be patient very well. Im a very easy going person, i like to be generous, and just help out as much as i can.

** Put in an app for the Developers team, will be fun. insomnia and ocd make that a good choice for me, thanks cross!

Dev team