Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

HALP. Error in CS:S

The Real Claymore

I've been having a problem where if I go into any server that is popluated ( yes any, this could be a server of 8 ) if the majority of people are talking I lag. If my lag gets bad it kicks me from the game and a message pops up in game. It reads: "Buffer Overflow in Net Message."

I realy don't know what this means and I don't know how to fix it. I've had this problem for a couple of days now... I haven't updated my drivers or reinstalled or installed anything new.

Googled it a few times and all of the forums gave me no help. So, anything is appreciated.

Claymore.

Dirty, I play on my laptop, it's not crap but it's not a "l337 g4mIng m4chine".

Homer, It could be my sound drivers becasue I have had problems out of them in the past. It ONLY happens when people talk a lot.

Type this in your console when you enter a game.

"voice_enable 0" *without the quotations.*

That will disable any talking using a mic.

Use "voice_enable 1" to turn mics back on.

Have fun!

yeah everyone remember to delete your downloads folder "in css" every once in awhile because it stores everything you download from every server you have ever been on, if you have over 1000 things in it i would delete it and redownload the stuff from the servers. *makes game run smoother*

yeah everyone remember to delete your downloads folder "in css" every once in awhile because it stores everything you download from every server you have ever been on, if you have over 1000 things in it i would delete it and redownload the stuff from the servers. *makes game run smoother*

Like this?

attachment.php?attachmentid=1808&stc=1&d=1262216046

post-1190-13525953740076_thumb.jpg