Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A question

Remix

I while ago i noticed somebody make fun of the Jewish religion in an HG server. I believe there was an admin in the server and didn't do anything about it. HG is no racism but anti-semitics are ok? I'm not a religous freak but im jewish and I like to defend it. So does HG frown upon Jews?

So does HG frown upon Jews?

You've got to be kidding me. Yep, you've joined an anti-Semitic clan and just realized it now.

If the admin didn't do anything it's your responsibility to make a ban request. Anti-Semitism is a putdown and of course it is not tolerated...

Im saying people wouldnt take something like the K word against jews like the N word

Im going to side with remix on this one just because an individuals religion should be respected at the same level if not more than someones race. Idk but I THINK this is going to be a thread with no final answer, its up to discretion and popular vote on the situation you witnessed it in.

Im going to side with remix on this one just because an individuals religion should be respected at the same level if not more than someones race. Idk but I THINK this is going to be a thread with no final answer, its up to discretion and popular vote on the situation you witnessed it in.

thanks for understanding

Saying the K word though is too far, are you going to tolerate that?

Think about perspective and situation. most of the HG clan members are American; saying the N word is more familiair to us then the slang K word for jewish people. Again its up to discretion but HG does not advocate racial or religious slurs in our clan. According to psychology and sociology though, a group of people would be more harassed for something very familiar to them, than something that is not.

Edited by JuIcY

Let's try this again:

If you as a player feel someones' language is going too far, report it.

We don't "tolerate" any type of hate speech. However, not everyone sees every word as strong as others do. "Kike" isn't nearly as "mainstream" as the N-bomb, so it's not something we come against often.

But, for a third time, just in case you forgot, if you that word makes you uncomfortable, ask that person to stop. If they continue to use it, ask an admin to intervene, or report it on the site. Asking us if we tolerate something one person does is like the Prime Minister of England asking if Barack Obama hates black people because Judy Clemens of Norfolk, Virigina dropped an N-bomb while singing along to the Wu Tang Clan. He can't be expected to keep track of everything every person says and does, and neither can we.

most of the time if you ask a person, or tell them it is against the rules to say something they stop, and normally apologize. So if you are offended by someone ask them to stop if they dont ban them. USE YOUR BRAIN...

As a devout denouncer of all religions ( I dont wanna be labeled anything please) I'd say stop trying to play your religion card. But thanks for informing us all of your religious belief's :lame:

I dont agree with you being offended over things people say on the internet about your religion. The INTERNET (Where what im told only nice things are said). Everybody knows that im highly intolerant of racism/bigotry and i feel like thats good enough.

Your beliefs are yours and i dont think this is the place to express them or even ask a question pertaining to one.

Do exactly as lamp said if you feel insulted or abused. You should have known that already and im disgusted you made this thread asking if we're anti-semitic actually.

I need separation of church and HG sorry if i offended anybody.

Edited by Never trust a hippie

I while ago i noticed somebody make fun of the Jewish religion in an HG server. I believe there was an admin in the server and didn't do anything about it. HG is no racism but anti-semitics are ok? I'm not a religous freak but im jewish and I like to defend it. So does HG frown upon Jews?

It's the internet, get over it.

This seems like another one of those "admins must enforce rules" things.

Admins do not have to do anything. Admins pay to get admin, not the other way around. Is it encouraged to keep the server fun and clean? Yes. It is not required though.

This seems like another one of those "admins must enforce rules" things.

Admins do not have to do anything. Admins pay to get admin, not the other way around. Is it encouraged to keep the server fun and clean? Yes. It is not required though.

We have admins?