Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Windows 7!

Remix

I bought the upgrade but then it wasn't compatible so I had to have it delete everything

You know, there is this thing called "research" that some people do before they spend a lot of money. It can even be done through this service called "Google" that usually grabs exactly what you're looking for in the first few results.

Making fun of you aside, Regardless of what OS you're running, upgrade installers are known to cause issues due to a lot of variables between how your system runs and how it's probably "supposed" to run. For best results, I'd almost go as far to say that you'd want to have a clean install of Vista and then upgrade directly on top of that. Obviously, this defeats the entire point, but that's why you don't upgrade.

You know, there is this thing called "research" that some people do before they spend a lot of money. It can even be done through this service called "Google" that usually grabs exactly what you're looking for in the first few results.

Making fun of you aside, Regardless of what OS you're running, upgrade installers are known to cause issues due to a lot of variables between how your system runs and how it's probably "supposed" to run. For best results, I'd almost go as far to say that you'd want to have a clean install of Vista and then upgrade directly on top of that. Obviously, this defeats the entire point, but that's why you don't upgrade.

Are you trying to tell me that my Mac cannot run Windows 7 by itself? *****.....

Even more hilarity aside when you upgrade from vista your not really upgrading. In fact they only use portions of vista and basically delete the rest.

Are you trying to tell me that my Mac cannot run Windows 7 by itself? *****.....

Even more hilarity aside when you upgrade from vista your not really upgrading. In fact they only use portions of vista and basically delete the rest.

Well if you want to split hairs, I suppose you could run it on your Mac if you have an Intel build, etc.

That had to be embarrassing for Microsoft when they were putting together the patching system for the upgrade...

"Well, this, this and this are pretty solid, EVERYTHING ELSE is complete garbage and we need to replace."

Well if you want to split hairs, I suppose you could run it on your Mac if you have an Intel build, etc.

That had to be embarrassing for Microsoft when they were putting together the patching system for the upgrade...

"Well, this, this and this are pretty solid, EVERYTHING ELSE is complete garbage and we need to replace."

Nah basically I think it went out like this:

1) Developers where creating Windows 7

2) Executives grabbed it out of development and patched it together

3) Sold it a Vista

4) Developers bitch about how it wasn't ever finish and no one likes it

5) Windows 7 comes out 2 years later (I think it was two years)

Nah basically I think it went out like this:

1) Developers where creating Windows 7

2) Executives grabbed it out of development and patched it together

3) Sold it a Vista

4) Developers bitch about how it wasn't ever finish and no one likes it

5) Windows 7 comes out 2 years later (I think it was two years)

That sounds plausible. If I remember correctly, their development schedule was quite rushed... and we all know how that usually turns out.

Many people run windows on MAC's, not difficult haha....

Tis true. If not natively on the hardware, Bootcamp and Parallels are both pretty legit.

But yeah, Remix, don't be THAT GUY. Go get a full copy.