Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New idea for HG TF2 Servers.

Darkplanner

ideas_2.jpg

I was in a server earlier that has a nice system.

It was called the loyal system. Players who play a lot on one server would get points which they could exchange for reserve spots.

Aim: To get players more involved and to attract more players.

How it works: The system would award LP (loyality points) to players who do specific things. It is mostly based on time playing so skill doesn't matter. Lets say you get 20 points for playing 5 hours a day. Players would accumulate points and at any time they would can type in !loyal in team chat. This would bring up a list:

Outcome: More players + current players playing harder!

-------------------------------------------------------

For example:

YOUR POINTS : 200

[bUY NOW]100 POINTS: 3 DAY RESERVE SPOT

[bUY NOW]200 POINTS: 1 WEEK RESERVE SPOT

.....[Not Enough Points]800 POINTS: 1 MONTH RESERVE SPOT

and so on, with the ultimate prize being, play enough in a month and you'll get your reserver spots for the next month. If people like this idea I can get the plugin and Dirty or Monkey could apply it to the servers. An extra way to get some reserve spots if you are not top 20.

What do you guys think?

I found this mod a few weeks ago, actually. We've been mulling it over as a possibility, but it's still up in the air. The main concern is that during peak hours, between this mod and our top20, we may end up having more reserve slots than there are actual spots on the servers.

I found this mod a few weeks ago, actually. We've been mulling it over as a possibility, but it's still up in the air. The main concern is that during peak hours, between this mod and our top20, we may end up having more reserve slots than there are actual spots on the servers.

I see. Maybe we could edit the mod so that the top 5 players with the mostLP points get the benefits. Maybe just have everyone collect points and top 5 who have played the most win.