Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

AMD or Intel? Why?

LaMigra

Either one is good, it just depends on what you want it for. well actually both are good for the same things. For me, like others, I would just go for the cheaper one. They're all great anyways. I'm just glad the people who posted here didn't go like, intel is the best, or amd blows.

Umm if you're looking into buying a processor for gaming (and whatever everyday stuff). Typically I would stick with Intel. However, the cost of their processors are on average higher. From a purely performance standpoint, Intel rolls AMD easily.

Before the i7s were rolled out, AMD was better when it came to PRICE per FLOPS and PRICE per WATT. Personally, I have used Intel (Pentium 2, Pentium Celeron, Pentium 4, Core 2 Duo, Core 2 Quad) but I would say the factor of money would play a big role in your decision!

In two sentences,

If you want to be a bandwidth whore :cheesy: (and you're willing to pay for it), get Intel! :push:

If you're on a budget and want RAW performance, get AMD!

BY the way, Intel rules still :drankbeer:

AMD is the better buy for GAMING which is what most people on this board do.

$ for $ AMD cannot be touched, that's the bottom line.

i7 serves its purpose well, but for most folks, is not a good direction to go. The lower priced CPU's at stock speeds are not impressive for gaming.

AMD is the better buy for GAMING which is what most people on this board do.

$ for $ AMD cannot be touched, that's the bottom line.

i7 serves its purpose well, but for most folks, is not a good direction to go. The lower priced CPU's at stock speeds are not impressive for gaming.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclock-phenom-ii,2119-9.html

This might give you a little more insight into which one you buy. Typically speaking however for gaming, AMD and Intel are generally very close in performance. At times, AMD will push ahead and Intel will in other etc...

Now-a-days, when buying a computer $$$ is more important than many other factors!!

Doesn't just have to be for gaming... I mean my bro bought the i7 extreme because it's so fast when encoding and rendering...

Well...if we're not talking about gaming then the choice is obvious. What is the point of the poll?

Intel wins, they have the fastest chips out there, they cost more. :mybad: