Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

California to Legalize Pot

Prius

You should go into politics. You make some good points that people would love to hear.

Who is this guy!? Sup man! :)

Thanks for the comment. But I don't think America is open minded enough to even think through the thoughts that I could supply them with. (not just me, but other open minded individuals) Nor would they even try. I don't lean to any particular party, and thats all that politics have become...team vs team... They are not for the people. :/

its not that bad of a thing i mean i smoke it every now and then when i have alot of stuff going on in my life. i dont abuse the shit and its not hurting any1 so y the bug fuss i say go 4 it cali

Not to sound negative on that, but using any substance to avoid "problems", can lead to issues.

If marijuana was used to delve into and understand those problems or issues, then that could be more acceptable. (in my opinion only of course, and to an extent)

Times are changing, and Mexico will be at the forefront pretty soon. (even more than it is at the moment)

Drugs will come into a different light in the future. As long as it can be controlled by the man, they will let it happen. You see this with marijuana cafe's, prescribing of opiates to addicts, as well as amphetamines.

And you also see this with cheap ass $5-15 prescriptions and our new healthcare for everyone system!

YAY! Don't learn how to be healthy, just take medicine instead! They promise they make you better, you just can't stop taking them!

I SAY GO GREEN INSTEAD! ;)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is this guy!? Sup man! :)

Thanks for the comment. But I don't think America is open minded enough to even think through the thoughts that I could supply them with. (not just me, but other open minded individuals) Nor would they even try. I don't lean to any particular party, and thats all that politics have become...team vs team... They are not for the people. :/

Not to sound negative on that, but using any substance to avoid "problems", can lead to issues.

If marijuana was used to delve into and understand those problems or issues, then that could be more acceptable. (in my opinion only of course, and to an extent)

Times are changing, and Mexico will be at the forefront pretty soon. (even more than it is at the moment)

Drugs will come into a different light in the future. As long as it can be controlled by the man, they will let it happen. You see this with marijuana cafe's, prescribing of opiates to addicts, as well as amphetamines.

And you also see this with cheap ass $5-15 prescriptions and our new healthcare for everyone system!

YAY! Don't learn how to be healthy, just take medicine instead! They promise they make you better, you just can't stop taking them!

I SAY GO GREEN INSTEAD! ;)

Vandium makes sense for the first time in months. :D Unfortunately, in accordance with your own logic about not knowing about anything and having an opinion, YOU ARE FROM TEXAS. THIS IS A CALIFORNIA LAW. GET OUT YOU DONT HAVE AN OPINION.

:)

Vandium makes sense for the first time in months. :D Unfortunately, in accordance with your own logic about not knowing about anything and having an opinion, YOU ARE FROM TEXAS. THIS IS A CALIFORNIA LAW. GET OUT YOU DONT HAVE AN OPINION.

:)

Hehehe. ;)

We have more state touching Mexico than California!!

All we have to do is see the cash start flowing to you, and Texas will jump on board.

Texas is #1 son! We run this bitch!

Big side effect from legalization....the cartels will have to focus on cocaine and heroin..

Which actually might help those addicts get cheaper prices!

All you hardcore users need to support marijuana legalization for cheaper coke and junk!

I am for it in the medicial field . and against it being used around kids. At the saqme time whens the last time you heard of a guy being high running head on into a family killing them? NEVER. As far as them saying that its a stepping stone? i really disagree with this. I know people who just smoke and don't use any other drugs.

Marijuana can give an observant individual access to his subconscious and unconscious mind. There is so much power and understanding with this access. I feel it is also the reason it is illegal.

Gateway drug? What about alcohol, cigarettes, cough syrup, other otc meds, prescribed meds, caffeine, etc.

Funny...I can go home and drink a whole bottle of whiskey...but I can't go home and smoke a joint.

Make that make sense for me....and I might listen to you people who are negative on mj. ;)

Post is backed hard-

& I don't smoke anymore.

I can bet that more than half of you saying that weed doesn't need to be legalized, have never tried it, or have seen 1 bad case.

This thread might as well switch on over to Alcohol being banned.

oh, and cigarettes, (you know- Tobacco? Far more unhealthy for you body than weed)

because at this rate, I'd love to hear how people feel about those to being legal. Probably a huge double standard.

I will say this in response to a few responses that I remember.

Weed will be more accessible to youngsters if legalized but when I was 16 I was suspended for stealing my fathers Knob Creek and getting drunk at school. It took them a week to catch me.

Without legal access to marijuana I was equally as stoned from the same age on.

Once I reached the age of 18 and was out on my own I had the same access to both marijuana and alcohol, one being legal the other being illegal. There wasn't many times one was around without the other.

I was drunk more often before the age of 21 than I ever am now that I am legally allowed to drink.

Ive driven both drunk and stoned and I do not condone driving under any influence. Once I was stoned I got lost being so zoned and deep in thought and would have driven over to the next state had I not had a moment of clarity. Once I was so drunk that once I got to my destination and parked I puked on my window so as not to puke on my wife.

Currently, I rarely drink and I don't smoke.

As far as it anything being dangerous and accessible because it's legal..... I had my hand on my fathers pistol many times while I was in school. I think guns are more dangerous than either of these to other people. Alcohol and marijuana, though potentially dangerous to other people, are more of a self health choice if used correctly.

Anything, can be dangerous if used incorrectly so lets outlaw everything. Remember not to run with scissors. Also, they never taught you this but don't run with pencils either. You can poke your eye out kid.

Marijuana can give an observant individual access to his subconscious and unconscious mind. There is so much power and understanding with this access. I feel it is also the reason it is illegal.

I made this a seperate post since my last one was a little long.

I used to play CS 1.6 so awesome stoned I would imagine people's speed and distance running behind a wall and hs them with my scout. Hard to believe I know but I was often banned for hacking during these times. My boss, the owner of the cafe I worked at, almost stopped me playing while I was stoned. I was getting his cafe accounts banned from too many low ping servers.

An ounce on person is not a lot. Although pot is very light, an ounce still comes to a little less than one tightly packed and rolled joint.

You're serious? Aren't you?

That's a fucking HUUUUUUUUGE joint.

like rolled with construction paper...

weed17gh.jpg

That's an ounce...lol.

I have to link in some Bill Hicks here, because it's relevant. Well, Bill is usually relevant, but still.

[YOUTUBE]iUvEZ-4lmr8[/YOUTUBE]

GRANTED, it's a little slanted, but there are some actual, valid points here, most of which have already been covered ITT. Sometimes a comic making a point helps.

We have more state touching Mexico than California!!

Sounds kinky man, you hittin' on me?

As for Kinta, never driven under any influence and don't plan on it, but from what I've heard being drunk is 10x worse driving than high. Either way, nothing against anyone specifically here, but both suck. Friend got killed by drunk driver. All bad.

Glad to see Siphaed is probably the most knowledgeable about marijuana on this thread.

This controversial issue may continue for who knows how long. Personally, I can see both sides of the picture. For the negativity, I can understand that it may influence users under the "age." I, myself, recently turned 16 but I've tried marijuana on numerous occasions even back from the age of 14. I can honestly say I can still maintain my current ability and stick to school. I'm in Honors classes and all this BS. I think every individual is different, and as with alcohol, everyone reacts differently. I've been around guys who are completely stupid and others who can function pretty well while being completely stoned. Anyways, as has been argued on other accounts, in my view, it's the same as alcohol and tobacco. Even under-aged individuals are obtaining it. What difference would it be with marijuana? Then again, I guess we will never fully have the knowledge of how things would be without first trying it. I don't understand why we can't try it out for a bit. I mean, if I'm wrong, please give me new insights. I may still have this naive mentality which may not allow me to fully grasp certain ideas.

Enjoy your life anyway you want.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWhUqo9Aivs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

/thread

This controversial issue may continue for who knows how long. Personally, I can see both sides of the picture. For the negativity, I can understand that it may influence users under the "age." I, myself, recently turned 16 but I've tried marijuana on numerous occasions even back from the age of 14. I can honestly say I can still maintain my current ability and stick to school. I'm in Honors classes and all this BS. I think every individual is different, and as with alcohol, everyone reacts differently. I've been around guys who are completely stupid and others who can function pretty well while being completely stoned. Anyways, as has been argued on other accounts, in my view, it's the same as alcohol and tobacco. Even under-aged individuals are obtaining it. What difference would it be with marijuana? Then again, I guess we will never fully have the knowledge of how things would be without first trying it. I don't understand why we can't try it out for a bit. I mean, if I'm wrong, please give me new insights. I may still have this naive mentality which may not allow me to fully grasp certain ideas.

There is no let's just try it. Although this thread is full of double standards between alcohol and weed JUST "trying" it is the dumbest thing that could possibly happen. Just "trying" it would no doubt have the same result the prohibition of alcohol did. Especially once more of the population began to use it due to it's legality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

This is why I believe marijuana will never be legalized. It's kind of a "once you go there's no turning back" kind of situation in my opinion.

Edited by Kinta

I will say this in response to a few responses that I remember.

Weed will be more accessible to youngsters if legalized but when I was 16 I was suspended for stealing my fathers Knob Creek and getting drunk at school. It took them a week to catch me.

Without legal access to marijuana I was equally as stoned from the same age on.

Once I reached the age of 18 and was out on my own I had the same access to both marijuana and alcohol, one being legal the other being illegal. There wasn't many times one was around without the other.

I was drunk more often before the age of 21 than I ever am now that I am legally allowed to drink.

Ive driven both drunk and stoned and I do not condone driving under any influence. Once I was stoned I got lost being so zoned and deep in thought and would have driven over to the next state had I not had a moment of clarity. Once I was so drunk that once I got to my destination and parked I puked on my window so as not to puke on my wife.

Currently, I rarely drink and I don't smoke.

As far as it anything being dangerous and accessible because it's legal..... I had my hand on my fathers pistol many times while I was in school. I think guns are more dangerous than either of these to other people. Alcohol and marijuana, though potentially dangerous to other people, are more of a self health choice if used correctly.

Anything, can be dangerous if used incorrectly so lets outlaw everything. Remember not to run with scissors. Also, they never taught you this but don't run with pencils either. You can poke your eye out kid.

i first smoked when i was 14 and smoke almost every day of the summer that year i rarely smoke now but it was a phone call away and really nothing more considering my friend loved the shit and was basically feeding me money to by weed and smoke with him

There is no let's just try it. Although this thread is full of double standards between alcohol and weed JUST "trying" it is the dumbest thing that could possibly happen. Just "trying" it would no doubt have the same result the prohibition of alcohol did. Especially once more of the population began to use it due to it's legality.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States

This is why I believe marijuana will never be legalized. It's kind of a "once you go there's no turning back" kind of situation in my opinion.

HINT: This is California, not the US.

Although the US is nothing without California :)

HINT: This is California, not the US.

Although the US is nothing without California :)

I figure Cali would provide an interesting test bed for legalization, if it ever happens.

The Alaska experiment showed that people can willingly ban the stuff after it being legal, but then again, Alaska is a terrible place to try to test something like that since the state itself contributes to addiction problems. Something chemical about not getting your sunlight in proper doses and such.

I hate that people who have never tried it or understand it, can vote on keeping it illegal. Same with people who vote for a president they know nothing about, other than what they see on TV or whatnot.

If you have never smoked it, you should not have an opinion..

Nobody says shit about cigs, because you can buy it in stores. Nobody says shit about medications, because doctors prescribe them and they have tv commercials. Yet, these meds that are so easily availble and hardly judged, are far worse than many street drugs.

(if not the same effects as hard drugs, just in pill form, and "legal". And probably more addictive.)

Marijuana is as psychologically addictive as chocolate cake....

Observe some mature smokers or talk with them, don't read books or listen to other peoples opinions who have never been around marijuana. (or the immature smokers that giggle and eat....)

Gateway drug? What about alcohol, cigarettes, cough syrup, other otc meds, prescribed meds, caffeine, etc.

Anal sex with my girlfriend could possibly lead to me wanting to bang dudes...I better be careful! IT'S A GATEWAY! ;)

Funny...I can go home and drink a whole bottle of whiskey...but I can't go home and smoke a joint.

Make that make sense for me....and I might listen to you people who are negative on mj. ;)

Pot opens your mind up to deep and untapped regions of your mind and time and space? Yeah, ok lol

Also I can comment on weed all day long because I used to do it daily from 14 to 18 when I quit cold turkey. I do not miss it nor do I have a need for it now. I gain no benefit from using it. It does nothing what so ever to improve my life or well being. If I do it again, my life will in no way change for the better.Odds are it would get worse.

Also, cigs are not a gate way drug. That is just a ludicrous comment!

Pot opens your mind up to deep and untapped regions of your mind and time and space? Yeah, ok lol

Also I can comment on weed all day long because I used to do it daily from 14 to 18 when I quit cold turkey. I do not miss it nor do I have a need for it now. I gain no benefit from using it. It does nothing what so ever to improve my life or well being. If I do it again, my life will in no way change for the better.Odds are it would get worse.

Van's post was dripping with sarcasm. You just need more coffee.

The point was that pot is no more of a gateway drug that cigarettes or anal sex. Whatever floats your boat.

Maybe marijuana does not have that effect on you, because you can't slow or know the thoughts that are in your head. This might be for others as well, but I know for a fact it takes me to another level of thinking. Of course some of those thoughts might be ignorant, but luckily I am a human being with self awareness and I know how to discriminate my thoughts and stay in reality as we know it to be.

Why do you think people sometimes get depressed? Why do you think people sometimes get scared?

Why do you think people start talking about "weird" stuff when they are high? Maybe because of it taking them into their memory storage area where they are given thoughts and memories they forgot about, or wanted to forget about. (or didn't even know about) Again, expansion beyond your conscious school book, mom and dad teachings, and judgement mindset is required to understand your mind.

I know for a fact I can delve even deeper into my psyche on marijuana. You smoking since you were 14 does not give you the understanding of how others are effected by marijuana...obviously. (nor does mine)

But I have always been interested in understanding my brain and the thoughts that I can produce. And have done this since I was 10. I did not begin smoking marijuana until I was 19 and out of school. I had access to it when I was 11-19 as well, but chose not to do it. Because I saw how my peers reacted to it, and how they didn't focus in school. But that is because they were using it as a buzz tool, or escape mechanism. I never used marijuana to run away from my thoughts or problems, but instead to highten my awareness. (the propaganda of pot making you dumb, is ignorant. That would be a case by case basis, and usually only when they are under the influence)

Maybe you can't understand that aspect of marijuana, nor the effects that are possible from its use.

Learn more about being conscious of the things that you are not currently aware of. Understand your life from as far as you can remember, and remember the hurts, thoughts and feelings of your past, that you stored away and forgot or refuse to remember. Then understand and forgive them, then release them.

As you mature in this awareness, marijuana may take you deeper. (if you chose to use it) But you can only go as deep as you are ready for...your mind/spirit knows your limits on what you can accept at points throughout your life.

I don't listen to the radio much, I don't fill my head with stuff to keep my thoughts at bay. Instead, I understood them and understood/understand the situations in my life and accept and forgive them and the people that might have caused them. That is my nature though, and it might not be yours.

But your discounting of its affects on other people are why it is misunderstood. Many people only make judgements based on their point of view and their understanding, and not how other people perceive or react to things. Nor am I discounting your view, or stating my viewpoint is better. Just thoughts to think....or not...your decision.

(sorry to ramble WAY off topic)

As for cigs not being a gateway... You speak as if that is fact, and that is where issues arise. (I always ask why about everything, so I may rebut to comments, but they are from my opinions or personal conclusions..again...take them as you choose.)

Why do you smoke to begin with? To change your current state of awareness. Be it your feelings, your thoughts, your focus, etc.

Why don't you quit smoking? It has no positive effects on your being, so why continue?

Why why why...why works...I promise.

Sounds like a drug to me.... And gateway for someone else might not be one for you, again you must think beyond yourself when judging things, people, or actions. The conscious mind is the production of the ego, and the ego thinks it knows everything.

I just speak the thoughts and understandings I have come across. I could be wrong, so always take me as you want to take me. But I don't speak because I NEED to be heard or be right. I just speak about deeper things, to get people to think a little more about things that they may not. We all live in our own realities and worlds, and that is fact.

I don't come from an ego, I killed that character many years ago. Sometimes I come across as "as a matter of fact", or talk as if I am 100% right, but take only what you want and discard the rest. But think and understand for yourself, don't base your judgements on what others say or what other have learned, etc. Closing your mind and refusing to understand things from all sides is of the ego...

The greatest question in this world that works for EVERYTHING is....."WHY?" Make it a habit to ask yourself that, when doing or thinking things, and delve into them. Face value is usually not the best route.

Again, I enjoy deep, thought filled talking. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, even if sometimes I come across that way. (or that I am even right) But I know that I can/have provided viewpoints that can be taken in many directions, if you choose to think through them on your own grounds.

Maybe marijuana does not have that effect on you, because you can't slow or know the thoughts that are in your head. This might be for others as well, but I know for a fact it takes me to another level of thinking. Of course some of those thoughts might be ignorant, but luckily I am a human being with self awareness and I know how to discriminate my thoughts and stay in reality as we know it to be.

Why do you think people sometimes get depressed? Why do you think people sometimes get scared?

Why do you think people start talking about "weird" stuff when they are high? Maybe because of it taking them into their memory storage area where they are given thoughts and memories they forgot about, or wanted to forget about. (or didn't even know about) Again, expansion beyond your conscious school book, mom and dad teachings, and judgement mindset is required to understand your mind.

I know for a fact I can delve even deeper into my psyche on marijuana. You smoking since you were 14 does not give you the understanding of how others are effected by marijuana...obviously. (nor does mine)

But I have always been interested in understanding my brain and the thoughts that I can produce. And have done this since I was 10. I did not begin smoking marijuana until I was 19 and out of school. I had access to it when I was 11-19 as well, but chose not to do it. Because I saw how my peers reacted to it, and how they didn't focus in school. But that is because they were using it as a buzz tool, or escape mechanism. I never used marijuana to run away from my thoughts or problems, but instead to highten my awareness. (the propaganda of pot making you dumb, is ignorant. That would be a case by case basis, and usually only when they are under the influence)

Maybe you can't understand that aspect of marijuana, nor the effects that are possible from its use.

Learn more about being conscious of the things that you are not currently aware of. Understand your life from as far as you can remember, and remember the hurts, thoughts and feelings of your past, that you stored away and forgot or refuse to remember. Then understand and forgive them, then release them.

As you mature in this awareness, marijuana may take you deeper. (if you chose to use it) But you can only go as deep as you are ready for...your mind/spirit knows your limits on what you can accept at points throughout your life.

I don't listen to the radio much, I don't fill my head with stuff to keep my thoughts at bay. Instead, I understood them and understood/understand the situations in my life and accept and forgive them and the people that might have caused them. That is my nature though, and it might not be yours.

But your discounting of its affects on other people are why it is misunderstood. Many people only make judgements based on their point of view and their understanding, and not how other people perceive or react to things. Nor am I discounting your view, or stating my viewpoint is better. Just thoughts to think....or not...your decision.

(sorry to ramble WAY off topic)

As for cigs not being a gateway... You speak as if that is fact, and that is where issues arise. (I always ask why about everything, so I may rebut to comments, but they are from my opinions or personal conclusions..again...take them as you choose.)

Why do you smoke to begin with? To change your current state of awareness. Be it your feelings, your thoughts, your focus, etc.

Why don't you quit smoking? It has no positive effects on your being, so why continue?

Why why why...why works...I promise.

Sounds like a drug to me.... And gateway for someone else might not be one for you, again you must think beyond yourself when judging things, people, or actions. The conscious mind is the production of the ego, and the ego thinks it knows everything.

I just speak the thoughts and understandings I have come across. I could be wrong, so always take me as you want to take me. But I don't speak because I NEED to be heard or be right. I just speak about deeper things, to get people to think a little more about things that they may not. We all live in our own realities and worlds, and that is fact.

I don't come from an ego, I killed that character many years ago. Sometimes I come across as "as a matter of fact", or talk as if I am 100% right, but take only what you want and discard the rest. But think and understand for yourself, don't base your judgements on what others say or what other have learned, etc. Closing your mind and refusing to understand things from all sides is of the ego...

The greatest question in this world that works for EVERYTHING is....."WHY?" Make it a habit to ask yourself that, when doing or thinking things, and delve into them. Face value is usually not the best route.

Again, I enjoy deep, thought filled talking. I am not trying to sound like a know it all, even if sometimes I come across that way. (or that I am even right) But I know that I can/have provided viewpoints that can be taken in many directions, if you choose to think through them on your own grounds.

I found Vandium!!!! hey guys he's over here in this thread!

but on a more related note to this topic, i rarely smoke but when i do not only do i sleep better (i have one hell of an insomnia problem) i'm more at peace with myself and people around me. that i don't have a care in the world for awhile which is great for stress relieving.

(i have one hell of an insomnia problem)

^This

Related to drugs, I have a script for muscle relaxers for a couple of reasons. Occasional back pain in the morning is one of those, but the fact that it takes me years to sleep most nights is another. Above all, being quite important for me once I grew up, they're legal and these aren't chemically addictive at this dose. They don't really do a damned thing for either anymore, but I also don't dig withdrawal, so I haven't kicked up the dosage.

Realistically speaking, I could fuck myself up a lot worse on pain pills by mixing scripts or drinking than I could smoking pot. Food for thought.

Also, that rug really tied the room together.

Van - She doesn't have to DO video games, but she does have to shut up for a little bit while you're playing them. All work and no play makes Van a very dull boy. Unless she's blowing you, and then I guess you can give us CS for the night.