Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

California to Legalize Pot

Prius

LoL.

Been real busy working at work and at home. And now I have some pooty that is always hanging around.

She doesn't do video games, so I don't know how long she will be around! ;)

And wingless is an ass btw. ;)

Nice man. Just lay off the games for a bit and get some. Be on like once a while though. Don't go away for like months at a time like I do.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^This

Related to drugs, I have a script for muscle relaxers for a couple of reasons. Occasional back pain in the morning is one of those, but the fact that it takes me years to sleep most nights is another. Above all, being quite important for me once I grew up, they're legal and these aren't chemically addictive at this dose. They don't really do a damned thing for either anymore, but I also don't dig withdrawal, so I haven't kicked up the dosage.

Realistically speaking, I could fuck myself up a lot worse on pain pills by mixing scripts or drinking than I could smoking pot. Food for thought.

Also, that rug really tied the room together.

Van - She doesn't have to DO video games, but she does have to shut up for a little bit while you're playing them. All work and no play makes Van a very dull boy. Unless she's blowing you, and then I guess you can give us CS for the night.

Well, she doesn't want me playing when she is here either....and I don't think the blowing me while I play would go over very well. She'd probably take my crotch outta commission if I even made that request. LMAO. I am pretty dull and boring, but that was a choice I made years back so that I didn't always have the NEED to stay busy or entertained. I think I actually bored myself to death literally over the past years. ;) But when I am with others, I go with the flow and you would never know I am a solitudial nerd. lmao

I don't currently smoke marijuana, but that is because it is not legal and could bring job related issues.

And I agree about the pills and alcohol. And I am not even saying that marijuana shouldn't still be considered a drug. But it should be placed alongside alcohol if anything. (imo)

Meditation really helped me calm my head. I can sleep at any time of the day, and within 5-15 mins. I totally put that on silent meditation. That might not be your reason, but I figured I'd throw that out there. ;)

I wish meditation was talked more about, and understood. But people want to SEE the effects of it immediatly. But the changes are so subtle that you don't realise them, nor do the newly aquired senses seem like a big deal once you get them. (foresight, better memory, knowing things that you can't explain why or how, always having people say "Hey, I was just about to say that..", etc. lol)

Again, off topic. But I personally equate marijuana to a form of meditation.

Well, she doesn't want me playing when she is here either....and I don't think the blowing me while I play would go over very well. She'd probably take my crotch outta commission if I even made that request. LMAO.

Again, off topic. But I personally equate marijuana to a form of meditation.

The first thing LOLOLOLOL Vandium

As everyone is talking about how easy weed is to get.. a lot of my school smokes.. .. A lot of them grow there own weed. Our security guard even smokes with some kids..

Weed is easily obtainable period. It'll be legalized soon enough.. even if this attempt doesn't or the next it will soon.

The first thing LOLOLOLOL Vandium

As everyone is talking about how easy weed is to get.. a lot of my school smokes.. .. A lot of them grow there own weed. Our security guard even smokes with some kids..

Weed is easily obtainable period. It'll be legalized soon enough.. even if this attempt doesn't or the next it will soon.

There was a HUGE factory full of weed plants... got raided but...

Weed is EASSSYYY to get hold of here... i know someone who gets i free :D

@ everyone who thinks pot should stay illegal:

lets compare alcohol with marijuana.

2. driving

both alcohol and pot slow reaction time and impair vision and motor coordination. obviously, nobody should be driving while under the influence of any substance or medication, but this does not make pot worse than alcohol.

in fact, if you have ever gotten a severe speeding ticket with a mandatory court appearance, the judge may rule that you must attend a drunk driving awareness or alcohol rehabilitation class, even if alcohol was not a factor in your infraction. that's because a closely associated correlation of drunk driving is speeding.

with marijuana it is the opposite case. one of the results of marijuana use is increased anxiety, which means it is very stressful for an impaired driver to maintain the speed limit, much less exceed it. as a rule, high drivers go slow.

again, nobody should be driving at all while impaired with anything, because even a low-speed accident can be fatal to you, passengers, other motorists, or pedestrians --- but if pot was legalized, there would undoubtedly be less drunks and more stoners each friday night, which is, if anything, an improved statistic.

3. addiction

alcohol is far more addictive than marijuana. so is nicotine and caffeine. most pot advocates also say that marijuana has no physical dependency withdrawal symptoms if an addicted user decides to quit. that's not true; marijuana does have withdrawal symptoms but they are mild compared to nicotine.

4. overdose

there are hundreds of alcohol poisoning deaths each year in the US.

there has never been a death caused by marijuana overdose. ever. in any country. for all of recorded history.

5. cancer and long-term health effects

unlike smoking, there is no correlation between heavy marijuana use and cancer:
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/05/25/AR2006052501729.html

unlike alcohol, there is little evidence to support that prolonged marijuana use damages the liver, kills brain cells, or causes permanent cognitive impairment.

6. violence, domestic abuse, aggressive/reckless behavior, sexual assault/rape

these are typical crimes associated with alcohol. there is no such association with marijuana.

7. hang-over

i am told there are none or it's very mild. i certainly know alcohol has pretty miserable hang-over symptoms.

let me also add that i have never smoked a cigarette or used any marijuana, and even if marijuana became completely legal i have no desire to use it.

however, i'm kind of a constitutionalists and i am for people's rights over federal control. there is no need for marijuana to be illegal, especially not on the federal level which is in direct conflict with the 10th amendment.

A few things.

1) Bort wins.

2) Vandium stop posting short novels online.

3)

Pot opens your mind up to deep and untapped regions of your mind and time and space? Yeah, ok lol.

"Yeah, ok lol"?!?!?!?! *cracks knuckles*

Marijuana, specifically THC, attaches to your brain's cannaboid receptors: Receptor Type 1 and 2 to be specific. Accordingly, the only way to access these different protein receptors is either through normal body creation of internal cannaboids, or external, in the form of THC. Without smoking, you will never tap this part of your mind that binds with THC receptors.

So yes, while you may be stupid or incredibly smart high, it's still a new part of the mind you are utilizing.

SECOND, relaxed cannaboid receptors often help against seizures, which is a breakdown of neural activity. California is out to save lives.

Hey! :D

i remember i went 3 days of staying awake due to my insomnia, i walked into work on the 3rd day completely drained and my boss gave me a joint and told me to smoke it in the back room with the windows open, i didn't work that day but i slept for the 8 hours the store was open lol.

and Bort's post was amazing, the only "hang over" you really get from weed though is gaining weight. Seeing as how you eat alot while high

i remember i went 3 days of staying awake due to my insomnia, i walked into work on the 3rd day completely drained and my boss gave me a joint and told me to smoke it in the back room with the windows open, i didn't work that day but i slept for the 8 hours the store was open lol.

and Bort's post was amazing, the only "hang over" you really get from weed though is gaining weight. Seeing as how you eat alot while high

There's a burnout where some don't feel so hot, but it's not the withdrawal/dehydration symptoms with booze. A lot less terrible, IMO.

The part I didn't like about it from when I used way back when was the fact that I was coughing up crap, my sinuses were coated and I felt slow, uncoordinated and kind of lazy for days after. And this is coming from someone who smokes cigarettes. At least for a while longer; I'm thinking about quitting. I was just meh for the rest of the week.

bleh u may want to tl;dr this... my responses to points that were brought up earlier

Marijuana is often used as a stepping-stone drug, leading to heroin, cocaine, or other harder drugs.

some people are always looking for the next high. those people will move on to harder drugs whether they are illegal or not. someone who wants to try marijuana will try it whether it is illegal or not.

people try pot b/c they know it's a safe, clean high... less dangerous and more enjoyable than alcohol... banning marijuana is an affront to an individual's personal autonomy and freedom of choice.

Stoned driving and other dangers would be increased.

but drunk driving would go down as marijuana would be available as an alternative. also, i mentioned in my other post that high drivers are slower and more cautious than drunk drivers.

either way, it still wouldn't be legal for someone to drive under the influence -- alcohol or marijuana -- so it's not as if high driving would be condoned. responsible people will still be responsible. irresponsible people will still be irresponsible. the legalization of marijuana should not be a factor in this respect.

"Driving high" would be even harder to detect. Unless the user has been smoking in the car, there isn't as distinctive of a smell as there is with alcohol.

while it's true that there is no technology such as a breathalyzer that can immediately detect if a person has been recently smoking marijuana, the officer still can determine whether the driver is under the influence of a substance impairing their visual tracking or motor coordination by performing a basic sobriety test.

Marijuana use isn't truly a "victimless crime" when you consider all the crimes that may be committed when the user is under the influence of the drug. Also, there's always the possibility that the lapse in judgment caused by drug use will lead to harder crimes like rape or robbery.

a marijuana high is not typically associated with these crimes. you are thinking of someone who is drunk.

even alcohol does not make people rape and rob stores. these are personal decisions that stem from much deeper social problems like a psychopathic dehumanization of other people. alcohol sometimes inhibit one's emotional restraint, but it will not cause someone to commit a crime if that person does not already wish to do it.

Some consider use of the drug as morally wrong.

Many religions and moral codes prohibit the use of intoxicating substances. Marijuana is generally considered to fit into this category. States cannot be involved with the distribution of substances considered immoral by relevant lots of the population.

states can create laws that religion does not approve of. consider abortion or gay rights. also, i do not think the bible mentions anything about marijuana one way or another.

A substance considered unhealthy cannot be produced and distributed with the help of the state, because the goal of the state is to protect citizens' health and not to expose them to risk.

who deemed it unhealthy? more people kill themselves by drinking too much water than by smoking too much pot.

Legalization would increase the chances of the drug falling into the hands of kids.

kids get it anyway if they want it, whether it is illegal or not. it should be treated like alcohol and cigarettes so that it is not sold to kids. whether or not kids get it on their own through back channels is never going to change.

Because of drug-related arrests, people who have committed or are likely to commit more serious crimes can be taken off the streets.

People who produce, sell, traffic, or use illegal drugs have already established themselves as people who will break the law. Anyone who commits drug-related felonies isn't likely to be constrained in committing other felonies, such as robbery, rape, murder, etc. If such people are in prison because of drug charges, they aren't able to go out and commit other crimes. Also, it often occurs that there isn't enough evidence to imprison felons for the serious crimes like murder; however, if they can be imprisoned for something, society is much better off. At a minimum, they will be off the streets, unable to wreak more havoc.

people who illegally traffic drugs are violent and mean and bad because the illegality of a drug increases it's price astronomically and drug organizations become profitable. if the drug was completely legal, the organized crime associated with it would go away.

also, again: pot smokers (users, not sellers) are typically nonviolent. i hope nobody believes that someone who uses a mind-altering substance will becoming some sort of psychotic rape/killing machine. drugs don't work like that. they don't make bad decisions for you. you still make your own bad decisions.

Physical damage would be done to users that abuse the drug.

Although some studies have been disputed, marijuana abuse has been tied to brain damage, cancer, lung damage, depression, amotivational syndrome, and even death. The brain damage has been shown to cause memory loss and difficulty in problem solving. It is the governments duty to protect the public from such dangerous drugs. After all, that's why the FDA was created.

i do not believe these. if there has been any studies that yield these results, lets post them. death is certainly incorrect. as for cancer, there's a study published that shows that there is no relationship between using marijuana and cancer, which i liked to in my other post.

More widespread use would increase the dangers of secondhand smoke-damage to bystanders.

I'd imagine the same rules for cigarettes would apply: smoking in outdoor or designated areas only. no smoking on school grounds, etc.

The dangers of secondhand cigarette smoke are well-publicized. Common sense tells us that more widespread usage of marijuana increases the likelihood that other people would suffer the damage of inhaling other people's smoke. Public places like bars would expose innocent patrons. In the home siblings, roommates, kids, and spouses would all face increased exposure. Thus, the health damage to society becomes somewhat exponential.

but we've already established that marijuana smoke does not cause cancer, nor is marijuana harmful.

Would you let your kids smoke it? Would you be fine with your employees who serve under you smoking it? Would you be okay with law enforcement officers and EMTs smoking it?

Why do you think almost all large, successful businesses and companies do drug screens? Because the smokers are a liability and are not able to perform their job as well as a non-smoker.

no, same rules should apply as underage smoking and drinking. similarly, most jobs do not allow their employees to be intoxicated with alcohol. same rule would apply for employees at work (including law enforcement and EMTs).

I cannot think of anyone I know who regularly smokes weed and is able to function as effectively or intelligently as people who are clean. Regular marijuana smokers, for the most part, are a considerably less capable to work or become educated. And this would mean welfare money will be going to pot as well as their alcohol. I've seen a lot of lives ruined by weed, friends and my second cousin. You can go from an academically successful student to a pot smoker who flunks out in a matter of a month or two. There are occasional smokers who smoke "socially" and only do it once a week or whatever. They manage to function alright, but the majority of people that are addicted are unable to function properly in society.

racial profiling!

@ everyone who thinks pot should stay illegal:

lets compare alcohol with marijuana.

driving

with marijuana it is the opposite case. one of the results of marijuana use is increased anxiety, which means it is very stressful for an impaired driver to maintain the speed limit, much less exceed it. as a rule, high drivers go slow.

I have to disagree. I drove slow because I was so deep in thought I kept getting lost and trying to remember where I was at. This was only when I was extremely stoned though. lol

Also, obvious excellent thread. Look at the views. Rate now people.

I have to disagree. I drove slow because I was so deep in thought I kept getting lost and trying to remember where I was at. This was only when I was extremely stoned though. lol

Also, obvious excellent thread. Look at the views. Rate now people.

But even as you were lost in thought, and kind of zoned out...you still had control of your vehicle. You just forgot...lol. ;)