Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

CS:S Talk Bind

Darkplanner

Guys what would I need to type into console to bind my * key to toggle talk when pressed.

So when I press it '*' I am talking until I turn it off again by pressing '*'.

I've tried lots of things but nothing works. I hate holding down my K key while giving orders in JB.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Darkplanner

Off the top of my head HLDJ comes to my mind. If you install HLDJ and clikc your button to supposedly "play music" and you dont have any music selected.. it will just toggle your mic on and keep it on until you hit your music button again. The only downside is that you'll be able to hear yourself. Its meant to play music in game so you and other players can hear it. If this doesnt make sense i can post again with more simple terms but.. i would say thats your best bet unless you can find the command. i know your regular key is bind <key> "+voicerecord" so.. yeah

Off the top of my head HLDJ comes to my mind. If you install HLDJ and clikc your button to supposedly "play music" and you dont have any music selected.. it will just toggle your mic on and keep it on until you hit your music button again. The only downside is that you'll be able to hear yourself. Its meant to play music in game so you and other players can hear it. If this doesnt make sense i can post again with more simple terms but.. i would say thats your best bet unless you can find the command. i know your regular key is bind <key> "+voicerecord" so.. yeah

Yeah Thanks. I knew about HLDJ but I am sure there is a bind. I can assign 2 buttons for +voicerecord and -voicerecord but I want it in one button.

I found this at fpsbananna that i'm going to try:

alias mic "mikeon" 
alias mikeon "voice_inputfromfile 1;+voicerecord; alias mic mikeoff" 
alias mikeoff "voice_inputfromfile 0;-voicerecord ;alias mic mikeon"; 
bind "CAPSLOCK" "mic"

Which does what I want according to the poster.