Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

man down

Koth

Please tell me you weren't a sport fighter. We ate tournament fighters. Metaphorically speaking.

If your objective is to slap your opponent, sure, pull your punch. It might sting a little more on the surface. Punching properly uses all of the kinetic energy the punch carries and does more damage to the body.

Though I get the feeling you might not be illustrating what you're intending to.

kinetic_energy.jpg

Nah no sport fighting at all, I took lesson's from my father witch got taught by a old constructor way back just taught us so we could defend ourselves in this corrupted world. And actually no it's not just the stinging at all that hurts it actually causes more of a force. Truly let me put it this way if you don't believe me tough luck thats your decision. For all I care I took lessons found out for myself.

Nah no sport fighting at all, I took lesson's from my father witch got taught by a old constructor way back just taught us so we could defend ourselves in this corrupted world. And actually no it's not just the stinging at all that hurts it actually causes more of a force. Truly let me put it this way if you don't believe me tough luck thats your decision. For all I care I took lessons found out for myself.

I'm not saying your point doesn't potentially have merit, I just said there is no way any person could ever figure out what you're talking about. I took several years myself under what's left of the original school of American Karate AND I paid attention in school during science class, so if you're talking about pulling a punch after contact compared to a follow through blow, I can tell you that you're wrong according to both.

Without getting the actual formulas out here, the power in hooks or other follow-through punches comes from a marriage of gravity, commonly called "kinetic linking", which involves power of the whole body being routed out through a single point; the fist. Jabs and other pulled punches do not normally grant the opportunity to transfer energy from other parts of the body during the strike, therefore decreasing their power.