Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Obama says stopping oil spill could take many days (AP)

Ron Burgundy

capt.d83bfde1c2cb43608e94d825d3ea4c6a-d83bfde1c2cb43608e94d825d3ea4c6a-0.jpg?x=130&y=86&q=85&sig=_8y_L8dqCylgDPzarRnWKQ--AP - No remedy in sight, President Barack Obama on Sunday warned of a "massive and potentially unprecedented environmental disaster" as a badly damaged oil well in the Gulf of Mexico spewed a widening and deadly slick toward delicate wetlands and wildlife. He said it could take many days to stop.

More...

this pipe leak is total bullshit. it pisses me off that they cant just shut off the damn pipe. Exxon Valdez is gonna have nothin on this.

You ignorance is total bullshit. Pressurized oil is being forced up at incredible speeds with astounding force and the values have been rendered inoperable. There is no way to stop the leak other than drilling a relief well to divert the oil and stop the pressure from forcing it out of the sheered off pipe. There is a possibility that the artery could be capped or a vaacum-like apparatus put on top of it to pump the oil that is leaking up.

So I'm glad you have your opinion but it would be nice if you were also informed.

Exactly, the oil is being pushed out so fast. It's gonna take a while to get it all done with. There's no point in arguing about this though. Besides, Obama blamed BP for the spill and is gonna make them pay if i remember correctly. But, I'm not trying to start a politcal fight or anything, but uhhh, Obama is kinda messing the whole United States up... Him and his bills/bailouts are running the country down...

Exactly, the oil is being pushed out so fast. It's gonna take a while to get it all done with. There's no point in arguing about this though. Besides, Obama blamed BP for the spill and is gonna make them pay if i remember correctly. But, I'm not trying to start a politcal fight or anything, but uhhh, Obama is kinda messing the whole United States up... Him and his bills/bailouts are running the country down...

.....well you would think that BP was responsible for their oil rig. Maybe we should just give them a pat on the back and say "oh well"?

I respect your opinion about the President, but he is ALOT better than the last idiot we had in office.

.....well you would think that BP was responsible for their oil rig. Maybe we should just give them a pat on the back and say "oh well"?

I respect your opinion about the President, but he is ALOT better than the last idiot we had in office.

Their in lies the problem. The rig wasn't theirs. They had contracted from a company named Transocean Ltd.

So, technically it's not their fault.

Nonetheless, this catastrophe has and will continue to impact the gulf coast for a awhile both environmentally and economically.

Their in lies the problem. The rig wasn't theirs. They had contracted from a company named Transocean Ltd.

So, technically it's not their fault.

Nonetheless, this catastrophe has and will continue to impact the gulf coast for a awhile both environmentally and economically.

....while I understand what you are saying, technicalities are not cleaning up the oil faster, or saving the jobs that are being lost. BP had admitted to there being problems with that particular oil rig, unless I have misread something.