Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bottom Line: Admin Conduct/Disrespectful Recruits

Slazenger

I'm going to put this out there and I'm sure the entire staff team will support me. Some things are out of control, especially on Jailbreak, Gmod, and Minigames (and to a lesser extent, nearly all of our servers). I want to make it clear where we as clan stand on this issues in case the numerous threads, MOTDs, and word of mouth is not enough.

tl;dr: Don't disrespect anyone and don't use your admin in inappropriate ways. The disrespect coming from recruits and a lot of our new admins is out of control. It needs to stop.

Disrespect

• Disrespect in any form is not tolerated.
  • Disrespect that is excessive or personal in nature will result in a ban, regardless of whether you are a player, admin, member, recruit, or a nobody. If it is serious enough it can be grounds for demotion, as evidenced by a handful of members in the past.
  • While wearing HG tags, you are representing the clan and every one of our members. When you do something idiotic or offensive, it reflects poorly upon us all.

Admins

• Admins are not to use their admin as an advantage.
  • Members and admins are to not entice admins or try to use trickery to get them to abuse.
    • Case in point, new admins have been asking for help with commands and established members ([HG] and HG |) have explained how to do commands that result in things that are considered admin abuse. Sometimes this leads to abuse reports and that is unacceptable.
    • If someone asks for help, assist them or ignore them. Don't act like an idiot and try to get them in trouble. It will backfire on you.

[*]Admin is not a right, it's a privilege and a gift. Use it in that sense.

We need more admins that will use their powers responsibly, not admins who cause trouble. Really, if you're lucky enough to be able to afford admin or have it for being trusted enough in the community, PLEASE, use it wisely! There are plenty of other people out there who can handle responsibility if you are unable to.

And last but not least, lets have fun. That's the whole point of this clan, of the games we play, and the friends we make.

I agree as well, Slaz. People laugh at when I use "Please" and "Thank you" when I make admin messages, but it's to be respectful as well as issue an order. It's better than "don't do it, you fucking idiot" or "shut up noobs" (the latter I saw recently on the JB server). Really, some people have made comments in *DEAD* about how some admins are 'real assholes', to be put in some of the nicest of terms.

And honestly, there are times I even want to kick a fellow admin, but cannot because the no using admin against other admins rule. And I dare not report them, for I may bring back the wrath of Weeman. :P But, I'll keep someone high up in touch when things happen. I keep records (old and new).

I agree as well, Slaz. People laugh at when I use "Please" and "Thank you" when I make admin messages, but it's to be respectful as well as issue an order. It's better than "don't do it, you fucking idiot" or "shut up noobs" (the latter I saw recently on the JB server). Really, some people have made comments in *DEAD* about how some admins are 'real assholes', to be put in some of the nicest of terms.

And honestly, there are times I even want to kick a fellow admin, but cannot because the no using admin against other admins rule. And I dare not report them, for I may bring back the wrath of Weeman. :P But, I'll keep someone high up in touch when things happen. I keep records (old and new).

Only reason why Weeman gave you his wrath was the abuse report you made was clearly an accident and you knew it

But theres isnt a reason to be "scared" to post abuse though it would only be admin abuse if this disrespect happens through admin chat etc

If there is disrepect happening it goes in the ban report/request section with screenshots at the least

I've noticed a lot of thew recruit admins using all chat disrespecting and not listening to anyone higher in the clan.

For instance I've seen admins not using any names (most have stooped) using msay to say bye to everyone

With me, I'm addicted to the Office DM, and I dont see "much" abuse. Really most of it is over mics, people being racist or excessive language, but every once and a while there will be someone spamming or really crossing the line, and I'm not an admin or anything but I always speak up for the HG server in general. And sometimes they actually listen.. But not all us recruits are bringing negative attention to the clan. I am very happy being in this clan and wear the tag proudly, abiding by all rules. I've seen some getting a lil overboard but then again I'm not always on the JB server...

I've noticed a lot of thew recruit admins using all chat disrespecting and not listening to anyone higher in the clan.

For instance I've seen admins not using any names (most have stooped) using msay to say bye to everyone

Noticed that a lot, too. Even I try to explain to recruits/new admins on what not to do. I even told someone to check sm_help in console for the list of server commands if they don't know how to work them properly. Still kept on failing with it >_>

I feel the disrespect from players happens more and more.

JB servers especially. It all starts when a T or someone gets "FKd" and they think fuck you, fuck this, slay yourself, etc.

I know i have handled situation wrong, everyone has. But i try to make friends after that and keep people happy.

Unfortunatly not everyday is a good day. Today in JB i have a..unamed...person repeatedly disrespect me.

However once i talked to siphead, and he told me commands for recording, it happened to stop IMMEDIATLEY.

This im tired of. Its one thing for HG to disrespect HG/players, another for players to disrespect FREELY hg and other players. It needs to be stopped. People need to stop spamming over lead constantly because they are mad and things need to be handled by admins or people that can put others in their place.

Tl;Dr: Dont disrespect, and people that do need to have consequences rain on their head, HG or not.

I agree maybe [HG]Hitman should be banned for admin abuse of rights all the time he bans or kicks people on jailbreak when there is no other admin online its stupid!

I dont ban or kick for no reason. When people disrespect I tell him not to.. if he continue sometimes ill kick. but usuly I ban.. I ban you because u disrespect me. And I told you that I would of ban you if u continue and u did. so now ur telling me to unban u if not u will make a abuse post and u have 5 demos.

all I would see in ur demos is : slap (pirate day) slay .., kick, ban.. You know what, i dont care you can post it. ill have my admin remove and what ever..

That would be quite nice. <3

I think somebody already tried this with JB. That would be a MASSIVE video if it covered all aspects of adminning on JB. Something for "normal" servers would be pretty easy, though. Anyone have demos of someone shaking all over the place?

I think somebody already tried this with JB. That would be a MASSIVE video if it covered all aspects of adminning on JB. Something for "normal" servers would be pretty easy, though. Anyone have demos of someone shaking all over the place?

It wouldn't have to be a video, that would be too much work. I think there should be more of one-on-one or "on the job" training. Where a new admin would be paired with an experienced admin for a certain time in the server. I wouldn't mind contributing my time to this.

Edited by Cefdinir

How about a little multiple choice quiz over what you should and shouldn't do?

If you see someone getting 6000 headshots in a row, do you...

a) Call them gay

B) Post an abuse thread

c) Ban them

d) Get a demo, ban them and then post a ban report

If Church says the word "black" when describing someone that is actually black without using it as a pejorative, do you...

a) Kick him, post a ban report and then get flamed

B) Slay him

c) Slap him

d) Get back to playing Jailbreak

You get the idea.

How about a little multiple choice quiz over what you should and shouldn't do?

If you see someone getting 6000 headshots in a row, do you...

a) Call them gay

B) Post an abuse thread

c) Ban them

d) Get a demo, ban them and then post a ban report

You get the idea.

e) Find out what server he is on O_O

In all srsbsns: Sounds good, MASS PM of questions inc?