Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

So I just bought...

Dan1

I almost bought that same Razer, I even walked up to the cashier at best buy with it. Then I turned back around and got a Plantronics one for 29.99, and its efficient as well. I didn't care for all the foam on that one, or how big the actual headset itself, but I know those speakers HAVE to sound great in it. Well let me know if I should have gotten it and made a mistake!!

I almost bought that same Razer, I even walked up to the cashier at best buy with it. Then I turned back around and got a Plantronics one for 29.99, and its efficient as well. I didn't care for all the foam on that one, or how big the actual headset itself, but I know those speakers HAVE to sound great in it. Well let me know if I should have gotten it and made a mistake!!

Will do. At the moment I'm using Apple Earplugs...

Jeez, I wouldn't waste that much money on a headset...

I don't see it as a waste. I'm going to be using them for my gaming and movie watching. And I'm a sucker for expensive/high-end tech :/

Plus, it'll be the last thing I buy myself for a while. I've indulged myself with blu-rays and shit too much :P

sorry to say, I had those for awhile. When i got em they were nice. Had to RMA the first ones because of a bad mic.

After another 10 days they CONSTANTLY cut out in the middle of gaming and you have to restart the computer n stuff.

Sorry to say, but if you can, I would return them.

But just my opinion. Best of luck. They are nice, when they work.

7.1 surround in your face is pretty nice if you're wanting to make that kind of investment. Some of the Razer headsets require you to use one of their cards with a proprietary plug to get everything it's capable out of it, though.

You get a little locked in their ecosystem, but I own over 200 dollars in their gear and am pretty happy with all of it. The Tarantula is the best feeling keyboard ever made, IMO.

Oh, if you have problems with the headset, one thing that worked for a good majority of people is:

1) UPDATE FIRMWARE!!!! (Do this as one of the first things!)

2) Get a GOOD powered USB hub. These have been proven effective.

GL! Btw, i have a 5.1 system, and still prefer headphone 99% of the time!

7.1 surround in your face is pretty nice if you're wanting to make that kind of investment. Some of the Razer headsets require you to use one of their cards with a proprietary plug to get everything it's capable out of it, though.

You get a little locked in their ecosystem, but I own over 200 dollars in their gear and am pretty happy with all of it. The Tarantula is the best feeling keyboard ever made, IMO.

Aye. I have the Lycosa keyboard and diamondback 3G mouse. This headset doesn't require a razer soundcard though, it's straight to USB ^-^

i spent 40 bucks on a regular logitech headset. so far it works fine. i dotn care too much for sound quality. ive got nice speakers for that.

I have crappy speakers. And I watch a lot of blu-ray movies at my PC desk. Needed quality :P