Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Get@Me

ttaM

I don't think HD is 4 dimensions yet :P. Also, I like how you took a picture of the phone when you could have just taken it internal to the phone or snapped a photo through usb debug in ADB.

4G drain the hell out of your battery or does it hold as well as its predecessors?

Hey I know it's true that 3Gs owners get the software update from the 4G, but does it give the 3Gs HD? I haven't looked into it yet and I really want a high definition display!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand your question.

The difference between 3G and 4G is the download capabilitiy speeds really. 3G downloads right now max out around 3 MB/S download whereas 4G right now is still being build and can hit 5 MB/S.

HD is a hardware capability and as far as I know has no correlation with the actual speed of the network, other than obviously the ability to get it faster. On 4G I can buffer and watch a Youtube video in HD quality much, much faster than on 3G.

I don't understand your question.

The difference between 3G and 4G is the download capabilitiy speeds really. 3G downloads right now max out around 3 MB/S download whereas 4G right now is still being build and can hit 5 MB/S.

HD is a hardware capability and as far as I know has no correlation with the actual speed of the network, other than obviously the ability to get it faster. On 4G I can buffer and watch a Youtube video in HD quality much, much faster than on 3G.

its the name of the iPhone -.-'

First one was Iphone --> iPhone 3G --> iPhone 3GS --> iPhone 4G...

Yes there is also a new internet for phones, 4G, but in this case it is the name of the phone.

To answer the question, if the phone downloads the software that it needs to play HD, all that keeps it back is the screen. Ask your local Apple supplier if the screen supports HD or not :)

I am willing to bet 4G doesn't actually do anything different then 3G. They just thought hell lets add a number to sell more phones.

Personally I will hold out for the Iphone 9001G -.-

Edited by Papa John

I am willing to be 4G doesn't actually do anything different them 3G. They just thought hell lets add a number to sell more phones.

^1

So true. They only make small changes in the phones so they are "newer and more advanced". Ex. you can take pictures with the new iPod Nano. Is it necessary? No, but they want you to think so. Then they will earn money. It's the same with the iPhone. All they do are make minor changes so you THINK that they are way better, but do you need it?

You have to remember that all in all they are PHONES and phones only. They are made to do ONE thing and that is to call. Other thins (including sms/messaging) are just perks they have added on to make you think something is better than others.

^1

So true. They only make small changes in the phones so they are "newer and more advanced". Ex. you can take pictures with the new iPod Nano. Is it necessary? No, but they want you to think so. Then they will earn money. It's the same with the iPhone. All they do are make minor changes so you THINK that they are way better, but do you need it?

You have to remember that all in all they are PHONES and phones only. They are made to do ONE thing and that is to call. Other thins (including sms/messaging) are just perks they have added on to make you think something is better than others.

Yeah that was their plan from the beginning. With every new iPhone|iPod and not the iPad they released better versions just to get money. A good current example is the iPad and the iPad 3G.

Wrong, but you were on a decent enough streak up until that point. This isn't 1980 anymore.

I am willing to be 4G doesn't actually do anything different them 3G. They just thought hell lets add a number to sell more phones.

No, 4G is network side, they just have to make the phones capable of reaching that new network configuration.

4G is said to be 10 times faster than 3G in terms of download speeds. When Sprint opens up 4G to voice calls there will be a difference too, no more dropped fucking calls, pz AT&T.