Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

"Frequency Out of Range" and not the normal error

Prospekt

Guys my comp came with an onboard ATI Radeon HD 3200. Well I got a PNY Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 last Christmas. Well it works great ever since, then I download the CSS Beta and when I launch the game, screen goes blank with the "Frequency Out of Range" floating around my screen. And I could still hear the game playing behind it.

I had to force the comp off and reboot it and at the vista login screen it immediately gave me the same Frequency message.

I tried a bunch of shit to fix it and finally took the GTS out and put it back in and it let me log back in like normal and everything was fine, with the exception of not being able to play the css beta.

Well recently I bought the Orange Box when it was on sale, cause I wanted TF2, Portal, and the HalfLife games and they all work fine untill I tried launching TF2. It gave me the same error.

What is going on?!?!

I jeep having to load the Ati onboard drivers again to be able to use my computer and the uninstall the Nvidia drivers. Then I have to uninstall the Ati drivers and put back in the Nvidia card and install all over again.

Through the Nvidia control panel, I jave my monitor native 1440x900 set and the 75hertz native set.

Why can't I play TF2 with my good Nvidia graphics card?!?!?!

Thanks Jessica, for real. The only thing is that I've already checked it out. And the problem is also happening with TF2. I tried using the -autoconfig in the advanced launch options but it still happened(Frequency Out of Range).

I don't have any special launch commands but do I need to put a space before the "-" when I use the autoconfig?

Again, I don't use any launch commands except for these 2 games. And the only reason I tried is because of this "Frequency" issue.

Should it be : -autoconfig

Or :-autoconfig

Space before the - or no?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much Jessica, I will love you forever. Your link worked on both CSS Beta and TF2!!!! I have been trying to figure this out for over three weeks now!!!!! I SOOOOOO owe yoiu. I;m extatic!!!! Thanks for your help!!! You have helped me tremendously!!!!

With Love,

ProspeKt

P.S.- I Love You Girl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Prospekt