Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

JB VIP

General Red

just a penny for a thought.

y dont u guys have vip on vote. now b4 ppl attack that comment let me complete my thought

vote for vip.

for 3 months head admins observer players (excluding themselves) and like get a feel for whos a great "T Role Model" and "CT Role Model"

after which we put it up on a voting panel and do it every month. wat i am seeing is there is generally from 1 to 3 to 10 admins on at a time in jb. so its fair to cast votes for 24 hours.

take 2 weeks to gather info on whos playing great and then consult for one week. then final week vote. im not saying for the two weeks watch like a hawk but be like oh that was really clever as a t. or he is a great ct lead. and so on and so forth.

y dont u guys have vip on vote. now b4 ppl attack that comment let me complete my thought

vote for vip.

for 3 months head admins observer players (excluding themselves) and like get a feel for whos a great "T Role Model" and "CT Role Model"

after which we put it up on a voting panel and do it every month. wat i am seeing is there is generally from 1 to 3 to 10 admins on at a time in jb. so its fair to cast votes for 24 hours.

take 2 weeks to gather info on whos playing great and then consult for one week. then final week vote. im not saying for the two weeks watch like a hawk but be like oh that was really clever as a t. or he is a great ct lead. and so on and so forth.

So you're meaning a "MotM" kinda thing?

vote for vip.

I like the concept... implementing is a whole other problem though.

My thought would be to not count spectate hours. Only have t/ct hours count?

Turn the afk kicker to 5 mins of no motion.

VIP should be given to people that deserve it. I have seen several people that are crappy players and have been on for ages. If that is how it would be counted even crappy players/people would get VIP, something I don't agree with.

VIP should be given to people that deserve it. I have seen several people that are crappy players and have been on for ages. If that is how it would be counted even crappy players/people would get VIP, something I don't agree with.

How do you think I got admin? lol jk jk

Well i wouldnt mind the vote thing as long as A LOT OF PEOPLE voted so VIP person wasnt some1 that people had already pre-planned n shit.

Also, we would need to start keeping a record of who is a good role model.

How do you think I got admin? lol jk jk

Well i wouldnt mind the vote thing as long as A LOT OF PEOPLE voted so VIP person wasnt some1 that people had already pre-planned n shit.

Also, we would need to start keeping a record of who is a good role model.

I'd say only admins get to vote. They get to vote once a week and to vote they just use a command like !vip or something. Top 5 with the most votes get VIP.

That is if this gets implemented... which I kind of doubt. I mean, the pros would be that people are encouraged to play JB correctly and kindly, and that we have a way to designate people in server as being good role models and point them out to newbies. That being said, the cons include somewhat losing the pay part to vip (which people don't really do anyway, they just buy admin) and the possibility of people spamming asking for votes and stuff (which could be taken care of if the !gag worked!).

We don't offer a top20 VIP system on Jailbreak mainly because of logistics. We will not offer the privilege of a VIP spot/skin because someone is on the server the most. That not only encourages unhealthy behavior, it's essentially rewarding someone for merely existing on the server. If anything, we would reward VIP for quality, not quantity. You can be the most horrible lead in the world and still play on the server the most.

We've considered using a point system, but, as I said before, it's logistically difficult to create a fair and balanced reward system that wouldn't cause a shift in gameplay or exploitation.

As for the vote thing, it's base favoritism. It would be the same people every week getting the spots for doing nothing other than knowing the right amount of admins.

As for the vote thing, it's base favoritism. It would be the same people every week getting the spots for doing nothing other than knowing the right amount of admins.

Good point... Idk, it would be nice to see a VIP system in JB just to reward players with merit.

Meh, if we can figure out a way, great, if not it doesn't change anything.

The problem with the point systems is because some horrible players are popular in jb. People who spam and Are annoying and ruin jailbreak for everyone are like gods. Aj is a good person to look at here. A bunch of people liked him because he was immature and gave off a fuck you I'm better than everyone attitude. For some reasons jailbreakers love that. Main point sorry I get off track. If you want VIP earn it. Play a game that requires skill not hours.

The thing is. Even though Darklord and I get along very well. I would not give him a vote. He spams.

Favoritism WOULD be a problem which is what I brought up.

Thats why I think hours should be counted (outside of spec)

What about rewarding the top 2 people voted for in a month? (out of top 10 with hours) or something?

I DEFINETLY think it should NOT left to the admins. That leaves about 10-20 votes. I think it should be JAILBREAK players/hg only.