Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

hmmm interesting

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven't responded to this until now. Yea, I was avoiding the thread intentionally but now I guess I will share my professional opinion, I do, as a personal policy, try and avoid threads like these because 9 out of 10 times they turn into "OMG fukk the police QQ" threads, but I haven't seen that much of it in this thread, I figure I would share my opinion. Not to mention, after all, it is HG and y'all are freaking awesome!

First and foremost, I want it to be known that I support the actions of this officer 110%. I have been in situations like these before, and between trying to handcuff someone who is lawfully under arrest that is actively resisting, having to watch my back with a crowd gathering, and someone trying to interfere with my arresting someone, it's not easy. Now, I'm not gonna say "OMG do a barrel roll and zap them with the taser" or do any Monday morning quarterbacking. I wasn't there, so I'm not going to say "Oh I would have done it this way or that way". Anyone who will say "oh you should have used this or that", well, then you man up and go to a police academy, receive all the training, and go out there and do it yourself and see what this shit is like. ( i didn't even see a taser on the officers gunbelt. He may not have had one issued.)

My observations are that the officer is attempting to place someone in custody, and her friend is attempting to hinder said act. In this case, the girl in the pink made an aggressive move at the officer, and he met that with the necessary amount of force to protect himself and to affect an arrest. Also, with the amount of active resistance that the girl being handcuffed is giving, the officer not bodyslamming her to the ground is an act of being nice. Being in a situation in which someone resisted arrest like that, I introduced them to the pavement rather quickly. However, in this case, I feel based upon my training and experience that it would have created a situation in which the officer's life may have been put in jeopardy. Given the aggresive nature of the crowd, the level of resistance he had already met, the officer made the best choice in how he handled the situation. The teen who had shoved the officer has apologized to him.

tl;dr: don't resist a lawful arrest and try and keep your friend from being arrested by hoving a police officer. the same thing may happen to you.

...on a side note, Seattle PD has some ugly ass police cars :).

wow, that's quite a mess he got himself into...Note: punching a woman right in front of alot of people is not the smartest thing to do, Pepper spray the bitch, problem solved.

...thank you for reaffirming why I avoid these threads.

It's easy to sit back calm and collected and say, "You should've done this."

Take the uniform off of him and pretend JUST FOR A SECOND that he's a normal person like me. I'd say that punch was pretty weak and held back.

Of course, everyone always knows better, he should have used pepper spray, and cops are different right? Everybody knows they're not people like the rest of us.

Time to grow up.

wow, that's quite a mess he got himself into...Note: punching a woman right in front of alot of people is not the smartest thing to do, Pepper spray the bitch, problem solved.

Quit running off Cosmo. I wish more people would get punched in the face when they do dumb shit, but certain rules and regulations prohibit me from acting on those feelings.

Quit running off Cosmo. I wish more people would get punched in the face when they do dumb shit, but certain rules and regulations prohibit me from acting on those feelings.

I agree! everyone is saying do this do that, but if they were in that situation and you had two people on you I think you have to react fast. He didnt have time to grab spray from his buckled pouch, or get his tazer from his holster. Also tazers can be kill people and people would be bitching even more if he tazed someone for J walking.

Also the J walking was legit reason to stop them because that was a busy highway like street with a walkway right next to them.

I agree! everyone is saying do this do that, but if they were in that situation and you had two people on you I think you have to react fast. He didnt have time to grab spray from his buckled pouch, or get his tazer from his holster. Also tazers can be kill people and people would be bitching even more if he tazed someone for J walking.

Also the J walking was legit reason to stop them because that was a busy highway like street with a walkway right next to them.

To be fair, getting punched in the head kills people too, but there is always an element of risk when your actions warrant being physically stopped by someone. I think he probably would have gotten less flack for tazing her, but like Cosmo said, I didn't see one on his belt, and it would have probably required him to fire across his body or behind the person he was struggling with. Not good either way.

Last I heard, Seattle PD was still backing him the whole way and at least one of the girls admitted she was being a bitch, so it's all good in the end.